US Consumer Risk: Head of Forecasting & Analytics
The Head of Forecasting & Analytics is responsible for four primary areas including CCAR/CECL, risk appetite, loss forecasting and portfolio analytics activity across all US Consumer lines of business. This role leads a critical risk function that drives sustainable growth within our risk appetite, supported by a
thorough understanding of portfolio credit risk and macroeconomic drivers. This leader effectively forecasts financial performance and mitigates potential risk, ultimately enabling the business to set adequate goals and expectations. The individual serves as a member of the Risk Management Leadership Team and leads a large team of employees both onshore and offshore while collaborating closely with risk shared functions and business leads, Independent Risk, and Finance on critical components instrumental to the health, soundness, and continued growth of consumer lines of business
- Partners with chief risk officers across all lines of the Consumer business (Branded Cards, Citi Retail Services and Retail Banking) to ensure strong risk management across the function’s core responsibility areas:
- Loss Forecasting
- Risk Appetite Framework (RAF)
- Loan Loss Reserves (LLR)
- Risk Capital
- Macroeconomic & Emerging Risk Monitoring
- Competitive analysis
- Credit abuse functions including acquisitions policy, new vendor assessments and account level strategies
- Ensures risk analytics, models and validation can deliver econometric scenario base cases
- Partners closely with risk and business leads, Independent Risk, Collections and Finance to ensure transparency and escalation of economic and performance trends and forecasted impacts to facilitate proactive changes in strategy.
- Evaluates value of, and forecast volatility from, using non-regulatory-provided economic indicators
- Develops, enhances, and validates the methods of measuring and analyzing risk, for all risk types including market, credit and operational. Also, may develop, validate, and strategize uses of scoring models and scoring model related policies
- Delivers portfolio analytics ensuring holistic understanding of portfolio performance & interactions with internal / external factors
- Provides and can speak to all required documentation for regulatory reviews
- Stays abreast of competitor practices and competitive environment.
- Delivers presentations to regulatory constituents
- Designs, hires, trains, and manages an internal team to deliver on the tasks above
- Articulates risk appetite, controls, key risk indicators and product reporting standards compatible with corporate risk standards
- Identifies opportunities to improve business performance, effectiveness and efficiency through process improvements and talent management
- Expert knowledge of consumer business P&L dynamics and the interaction of consumer behaviors, product configuration and market/economic environment
- Demonstrated success in managing risk policy/strategy through the economic cycle and/or in various environments; protecting and growing the business as it enters and exits economic stress
- Depth of experience with portfolio performance monitoring and diagnostics
- Strong knowledge of the applicable laws and regulations and the current environment which govern credit card and lending policies and practices
- Ability to drive advanced analytics to establish new metrics and initiatives that maintain a leading edge in current economic and digital environment
- Advanced expertise of risk in current environment including CCAR, stress testing, analytics, and modelling
- Experience with and previous exposure to internal or external control functions and regulators (incl. the US)
- Excellent relationship & people management skills, including:
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to challenge & influence at all levels of management
- Flexibility to work well with varying personal styles
- Personal responsibility to lead by example
- Ability to create an inclusive culture
- Demonstration of strong ethical standards
- Strong oral and written communication skills; articulate and highly effective communicator, with an energetic and approachable style
- Attracts, develops, and retains high performing risk management talent
- Develops a pipeline of talented leaders
- Capable of effectively leading a significant team size dispersed across multiple geographic locations, with strong ability to performance manage and continually elevate performance standards
- Contributes to a positive work environment; shares knowledge and supports diversity
- 15+ years’ experience
- Bachelor’s degree: Masters preferred; Education includes demonstrated knowledge in a financial or analytical field including engineering, mathematics, statistics
Job Family Group:Risk Management
Job Family:Regulatory Risk
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs