US Consumer Risk: Head of Collections & Recovery
The Head of Collections & Recovery is responsible for driving the strategy development and implementation of a best-in-class collections & recovery function ensuring operational effectiveness across the following key areas of responsibility:
- Collections segmentation and contact strategy (all channels)
- Recovery strategies
- Collections policy
- Digital collections
- Collections loss mitigation treatment programs
The position requires significant collaboration across all consumer lines of business, collections operations, recovery operations, compliance, legal, independent risk, and other groups. The individual serves as a member of the Risk Management Leadership Team and leads a large team of employees both onshore and offshore
- Partners with chief risk officers across all lines of the Consumer business (Branded Cards, Citi Retail Services and Retail Banking) to provide expertise across the function’s core responsibility areas:
- Development, testing and rollout of collections including segmentation, contact, treatment and payment strategies for portfolios and new products; Treatment includes loss mitigation treatment programs (e.g., re-age, forbearance, settlements)
- Development, testing and rollout of recovery strategies for agency, legal, and asset sale including specialty recovery
- Leads digital contact strategies
- Partners with Risk Modeling Utility to develop new scoring models and to obtain approvals for non-scoring models
- Actively manages and monitors a portfolio of NCL reduction initiatives, including closely tracking performance and providing regular updates to senior management and to other stakeholders
- Leads development of collections and recovery policies (subject to corporate policies) for regulatory sensitive areas such as loss recognition / charge-off, loss mitigation treatment programs (e.g., re-age, forbearance, settlements), asset sales, bankruptcy, deceased, legal / litigation, statute of limitations, etc.
- Develops, maintains, and continuously improves key policies to mitigate risks as business needs change
- Partners with multiple internal groups (including operations, compliance, legal and independent risk) to complete gap assessment for new laws, regulations, regulatory guidance, industry consent orders and court rulings
- Provides support for frequent regulatory exams, audits, and reviews. Prevents, detects, and remediates issues
- Provides oversight for collections and recovery operations, through ensuring strong controls and a robust MIS reporting capability. Reviews operational performance, capacity plans, agent incentive plans, vendor goals, vendor compensation plans, etc.
- Actively participates in industry groups and roundtables and complete regular benchmarking. Stays abreast of the regulatory environment and industry trends to identify emerging opportunities and risks
- Designs, hires, trains, and leads team to deliver on the tasks above
- Expert experience in collections and recovery functions
- Demonstrated success in leading collections policy/strategy through the economic cycle and/or in various environments; protecting and growing the business as it enters and exits economic stress
- Promotes a culture of collaboration and teamwork across organizational boundaries; willing to break down functional silos to optimize business results and to facilitate the overall growth of the franchise
- Strong knowledge of the applicable laws and regulations and the current environment which govern credit card and lending policies and practices
- Experience with and previous exposure to internal or external control functions and regulators
- Excellent relationship & people management skills, including:
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to challenge & influence at all levels of management
- Flexibility to work well with varying personal styles
- Personal responsibility to lead by example
- Ability to create a diverse & inclusive culture
- Demonstration of strong ethical standards
- Strong oral and written communication skills; articulate and highly effective communicator, with an energetic and approachable style
- Attracts, develops, and retains high performing risk management talent
- Develops a pipeline of talented leaders
- Capable of effectively leading a significant team size dispersed across multiple geographic locations, with strong ability to performance manage and continually elevate performance standards
- Contributes to a positive work environment; shares knowledge and supports diversity
- 15+ years’ experience; ideally with credit card issuers or other consumer financial institutions; Prior Collections and Recovery strategy and/or operations experience is strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree: Masters preferred
Job Family Group:Risk Management
Job Family:Operational Risk
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs