SVP, Regulatory Group Manager - Hybrid
The Risk Management Head of Credit Bureau Reporting Policy and Governance will lead Policy, Governance, Oversight and Strategy for credit bureau reporting and disputes across Citi’s U.S. Consumer Bank. Key responsibilities include strengthening our Risk Governance and Control framework through enhancing credit bureau reporting and disputes processes and end-to-end controls, ensuring regulatory adherence, driving consistency across all USPB LOBs, producing and presenting MIS to Citi’s executive leadership, driving innovation to deliver more dynamic capabilities and leading a team of bank officers.
The scope of work will include multiple functions of credit bureau management including Data Furnishing, Disputes and Vendor Oversight. This role will own responsibility for development of a cohesive, USPB enterprise-wide reporting and disputes platform in support of key business, regulatory, governance and control functions. The successful candidate will have a background in credit bureau data, the regulatory environment, understanding of industry best-practices, strong communication skills and a demonstrated ability to lead strategic initiatives in support of enterprise level engagements.
Involved in short- to medium-term planning of actions and resources for own area. Full management responsibility of a team or multiple teams, including management of people, budget and planning, to include performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary actions and terminations and budget approval.
- Manage oversight of Citi’s U. S. Personal Banking (USPB) CRA credit reporting and disputes policies. This includes drafting and managing policies in alignment with business and regulatory requirements.
- Managing the Risk control and governance framework for all credit data reporting activities.
- Lead Citi’s consumer and commercial credit bureau reporting governance processes to create lasting solutions for all Citi LOBs including Branded Cards, Citi Retails Services, Retail Bank and Citi Mortgage units.
- Independently assess emerging risks and drive actions to address the root causes that persistently lead to operational risk losses by challenging both historical and proposed practices.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to build, document and manage comprehensive controls to validate the accuracy and completeness of data furnished to the CRAs.
- Serve as the central point of contact for business and regulatory escalation matters related to USPB credit bureau reporting and disputes activities.
- Engage with Citi Legal and Compliance organizations to ensure policies and practices align with all laws and regulations.
- Drive innovation in the credit reporting process to deliver next-generation capabilities including dynamic reporting functionality, automated validation steps and enhanced tracking and reporting tools.
- Play a key role in identifying and resolving any issues that arise.
- Manage a team of bank officers.
- Represent Citi in industry forums (Auriemma, CDIA, etc.).
- Governance and oversight may include (not limited to) technology operational risk, cyber risk for example.
- Serves as an oversight function working with the In-Business Operational and Independent Risk Teams.
- Ensures Operation Risk Policy implementation and exception approvals
- Informs Operational Risk Council on Sub-Segment Level
- Attends/leads In Business Risk Committees
- Leads- oversees the annual Key Risk Indicator (KRI) reviews
- Monitors KRCIs triggers and thresholds and the analysis by the Business
- Liaises with Business ORM on breaches and action steps to correct breaches
- Communicates and Escalates breaches in KRCIs at the Segment Level
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citi, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 10+ years experience in Risk and people management
- Experience in Internal Audit or Financial Control would be desirable.
- Expertise in the following would be beneficial: Fraud Awareness and Risk Management Operations and Systems (Information Security Standards, Vendor/Outsourcing Management and MCA Legal and Regulatory Compliance Management of a global operations and a complex environment that includes global teams.
- Excellent communication skills required in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior level. Some external communication may be necessary.
- Full management responsibility of a team or multiple teams, including management of people, budget and planning, to include performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary actions and terminations and budget approval.
- Bachelor’s/University degree or equivalent experience, potentially Masters degree
Job Family Group:Risk Management
Job Family:Business Risk & Controls
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Effective November 1, 2021, Citi requires that all successful applicants for positions located in the United States or Puerto Rico be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccination prior to commencement of employment.
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 95 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs