Senior NAM Transformation Lead (SORM Team support)
The Operational Risk Sr Officer I is a strategic professional who closely follows latest trends in own field and adapts them for application within own job and the business. Typically a small number of people within the business that provide the same level of expertise. Excellent communication skills required in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior level. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers. Accountable for significant direct business results or authoritative advice regarding the operations of the business. Necessitates a degree of responsibility over technical strategy. Primarily affects a sub-function. Responsible for handling staff management issues, including resource management and allocation of work within the team/project.
- Establishes and oversees the application of operational risk policies, technology and tools, and governance processes to create lasting solutions for minimizing losses from failed internal processes, inadequate controls, and emerging risks.
- independently asses risks and drive actions to address the root causes that persistently lead to operational risk losses by challenging both historical and proposed practices.
- Governance and oversight may include (not limited to) technology operational risk, cyber risk for example.
- Serves as a subject matter expert for all performance issues that surface.
- Issues Management (KPI/KRI/Corrective Action Plans)
- Resolves transactional level escalations coming from the vendor or internal partners
- Analyzes a multitude of scorecards/performance management tools in an attempt to mitigate exposure (risk/financial/regulatory)
- Monitors goals are met through performance, risk and relationship oversight of our extended supply chain and ensures compliance
- Collaborates to resolve any issues which fall within the terms of the contract. Escalate those that require commercial or legal support.
- Develops and maintains relationships across the business users and Lines of Defense to better understand and deliver customer requirements by responding to changes in the internal and external business environment
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Work in conjunction with the transformation program office, project workstreams and SORM team to derive a holistic book of work.
- Prioritization of activities to meet critical committed timelines, and early identification of potential capacity challenges/deliverable risks.
- Project Management and coordination of inputs into different leadership dashboards for all NAM Transformation Activities
- Serve as Primary POC for Business Transformation Champions
- Ensure program plans meet business needs as described in the program initiation documents.
- Work with stakeholders to ensure program scope definitions meet business objectives.
- Ensure all stakeholders are identified and included in scope definition activities, understand the program schedule and key milestones, and receive schedule status regularly.
- Drive risk discussions, provide input, and ensure decisions are made regarding risk acceptance and mitigation.
- Leads the facilitation, coordination, and arbitration of cross-functional macro level topics within/across programs and with Senior Management.
- Ensures that significant risks and issues are appropriately and timely escalated.
- Directs the identification of risks which impact program delivery and ensure mitigation strategies are developed and executed when necessary.
- Assists program team in negotiating for resources owned by other departments in order to ensure the program completion.
- Ensures program commitment from those assigning resources.
- Ensures all areas of the program are appropriately staffed and requested SME support are adequately provided.
- Ensures funding has been approved for the program.
- 10+ years relevant experience
- Outstanding communication and influencing skills through all levels of the organization and with external partners and vendors. Exceptional relationship management skills; must be able to address and resolve conflict while maintaining relationships. In depth knowledge of Mortgage Servicing Operational processes and technology platforms supporting the Operations. Ability to effectively communicate complex topics to a broad audience.
- Detailed oriented with analytical skills, as the role requires a large amount of data manipulation and presentation. Expert in Microsoft Office Tools.
- Third Party Oversight/Vendor Oversight experience preferred
- Excellent interpersonal relationships with ability to influence and negotiate with stakeholders
- Significant experience in Operational Risk would be desirable.Other risk and control disciplines would be a plus.
- Expertise in the following would be beneficial: Fraud Awareness and Risk Management Operations and Systems (Information Security Standards, Vendor/Outsourcing Management and MCA Legal and Regulatory Compliance Management of a global operations and a complex environment that includes global teams.
- PMP/PMI certification, LEAN or Six Sigma a plus
- Should demonstrate a commitment to quality and attention to detail.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional time management skills
- Ability to develop highly complex project plans and manage individual deadlines and goals
- Ability to identify risks and issues, generate solutions and choose appropriate alternatives using mid-level root cause analysis
- Manage project scope by assessing requirements changes, determining and conveying impact on budget, time and risk
- Expertise in MS Office applications
- Project management software knowledge a plus (e.g., JIRA, Confluence, MS Project, MS Visio, etc.)
- Bachelor’s/University degree, Master’s degree preferred
Job Family Group:Risk Management
Job Family:Operational Risk
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs