Chief Risk Officer – Citi Branded Cards Proprietary Products
Citi Branded Cards North America (N.A.) is the market leader in the US credit card industry with over $80+BN in receivables across 25+ million customer relationships. With a pre-eminent global brand and distribution, Branded Cards N.A. maintains its leadership position by delivering industry-leading products, advanced services and payment systems that address clients’ evolving needs. The Branded Cards N.A. business is comprised of Citi Branded Cards Proprietary and 4 premium partner card “Co-Brand” products relationships.
Integral to Citi Cards success is strong and effective Risk Management that allows us to serve our customers while also protecting Citi’s interests.
The CRO for Citi’s US Branded Cards Proprietary Products is responsible for leading a best-in-class dynamic risk organization that drives sustainable growth within our Risk Appetite, supported by the power of analytics, effective governance, customer focus, and strong partnerships across the enterprise. The Risk Proprietary Products organization manages the Acquisitions and Account Management of the Citi US Cards Proprietary portfolio ($40+B in average loans), while maintaining and continuously improving a strong risk management culture and control/compliance environment across the franchise.
The pace, breadth, and complexity of challenges that the Risk Management organization must address continue to expand rapidly. These challenges include appropriately assessing the dynamic evolution of consumer behavior (e.g., spend and payment patterns) and protecting customers and the franchise by identifying and mitigating a variety of risks such as fraud, macroeconomic and political trends, and adhering to regulatory and policy requirements.
A dynamic and very seasoned leader is needed to head this group. The individual must be able to define the vision and direction to continue to drive sustainable growth for the Proprietary portfolio via the use of advanced analytics, strong governance and integrative thinking, and the development and growth of strong talent. This individual will manage a team of senior managers and an organization of employees, in addition to offshore staff. This position reports directly to the US Branded Cards Chief Risk Officer (CRO).
Key responsibilities of this position include:
- Leading a best-in-class Risk organization responsible for driving sustainable growth for the US Cards Proprietary Cards Business across the function’s core responsibility areas:
- New Account strategy development and execution across all customer channels, including Digital, Mail, and in partnership with Citi consumer businesses
- New Lending strategy development, leveraging advanced analytics and techniques to identify potential opportunities
- Existing Customer Account Management strategy development and execution, key to which are: Exposure Management, Authorization Strategy, Balance Consolidation, Sales Growth, Retention
- Provide end-to-end Risk management and Partner with General Managers and cross-functional partners and stakeholders to develop/enhance the card products and identify lending opportunities.
- Partner with Operations leadership team to ensure best customer experience while maintaining robust risk management principles.
- Partner with modeling team on new tools, machine learning and alternate data
- Assess fraud or franchise risk and revenue/cost implications
- Ensuring a consistent and strong control environment across Risk, product, and functional partners to manage operational risk, ensuring oversight of all strategic deliverables.
- Continuously identifying opportunities to improve business performance, effectiveness and efficiency through process improvements and talent management.
- 15+ years of relevant risk management or financial services experience required
- 7+ years of people management experience, including experience as a manager of managers
- Demonstrated experience in leading change, with track record of identifying and implementing opportunities to improve business operations and performance
- Experienced risk manager with full knowledge of card product P&L dynamics and the interaction of consumer behaviors, product configuration and market/economic environment
- Strong knowledge of the applicable laws and regulations and the current environment which govern credit card and lending policies and practices
- Demonstrated success in managing risk policy/strategy through the economic cycle and/or in various environments; protecting and growing the business as it enters and exits economic stress
- Hands-on experience with portfolio performance monitoring and diagnostics
- Education Level: Bachelor's Degree, MBA/MS preferred; Education includes demonstrated knowledge in an analytic field including engineering, mathematics, statistics
- Builds and leads an inclusive and diverse team
- Capability and experience with establishing strategic vision and driving change to achieve business targets
- Senior executive interactions - can present credibly to both large and small groups
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to influence at all levels of management
- Displays flexibility to work well with varying personal styles
- Takes personal responsibility to lead by example. Understands and appreciates diverse backgrounds.
- Demonstrates strong ethics
- Develops strong relationships across risk management and cross-functionally
- Superior leadership and team building skills, with a strong track record for attracting and developing high performing risk management talent
- Articulate and highly effective communicator, with an energetic and approachable style
- Successfully leads a significant team size dispersed across multiple geographical locations, with strong ability to performance manage and continually elevate performance standards
Job Family Group:Risk Management
Job Family:Credit & Portfolio Risk Management
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs