Brand Media Manager - VP
The Global Citi Marketing organization (GCMO) leads the overall brand positioning globally working in partnership with regional heads to nuance for local market needs. They lead the visual identity, definition and governance of global brand standards and develops advertising campaigns and content to support Citi brand objectives. In addition, GCMO leads Citi’s sponsorship strategy, standards and governance, major sponsorships, experiential marketing strategies and corporate client /consumer entertainment.
The Media and Social team defines strategy and executes enterprise media partnerships and channel strategies, the development of content and placement in social media platforms and brand safety. The team works across the US consumer business to develop and implement high performing paid media plans that drive key business KPIs for key US Cards and Retail products and services. In addition, the team services 19 consumer markets as a “center of excellence” and establishes and maintains key standards and guidelines that help to ensure Citi is positioned as a “best in class” consumer brand across the linear, digital and social ecosystem.
The Manager of Brand Media has expertise in developing and executing media plans across traditional and digital media cannels. They understand how to navigate media channel mix, partner selection, activation operations, KPIs, and analytics. They have a deep understanding of how to activate media across the full funnel.
This individual will be responsible for driving the implementation and execution of key US initiatives across various card and retail bank products via multiple paid and owned media channels. Those channels include linear TV, OTT, digital, audio, social media, programmatic, print and out-of-home channels. The media manager understands the best approach to reach the right audiences at the right time while adhering to Citi compliance processes and standards. They will manage an annual budget across their campaigns.
The role interfaces with partner stakeholders across Citi both in the US and key global markets. They are responsible for supporting new marketing channel opportunities, tracking performance and communicating results to cross-functional partners. This role requires a collaborative and execution-focused skillset, building strong relationships and makes efficient use of resources, partnerships, and sponsorships to deliver clear impact for key campaigns.
The individual needs to be a digital marketer with an expertise in a variety of amplification partners and tactics (paid, owned and earned strategies) and someone who has a strong understanding of how data insights and media optimization can drive business results. They need to understand how to build targeted audience profiles and segments that strategically align with Citi-produced content.
The role will support cross team work initiatives that will include digital analytics, martech, risk, compliance and product-related initiatives. They will partner with Legal and Compliance in ensuring all proper reviews are handled and documented before campaign launches.
- Collaborate with various media agencies and internal marketing teams to oversee planning, execution and reporting of paid campaigns that meet the brand and/or the product team’s overall KPIs
- Unearth consumer insights to inform the development of plans for both paid and owned channel activations
- Remain abreast of new and emerging platforms and the opportunities they represent, as well as changes in existing platforms that impact media performance.
- Provide creative analysis and recommendations when appropriate to improve media performance
- Distill and socialize learnings and best practices from campaign performance.
- Support major media partnerships to drive key KPIs for the business
- Manage campaign media budgets with an ability to optimize accordingly
- Build targeted audience profiles and segments that strategically align with Citi produced content
- Manage retargeting strategy to reach existing Citi customers across cards and bank audiences
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong digital marketing background (8+ years of experience) with full funnel experience
- Previous work within Financial Services or with an agency preferred
- Familiarity with financial regulations, especially as it pertains to digital media / social media / advertising and the respective fair lending statues that Citi must adhere to
- Experience across all channels including linear TV, digital, OTT, audio, print, out-of-home, etc.
- Understanding of social media platforms and how best to leverage them to drive business KPIs
- Experience with programmatic ad buying that includes a working knowledge of DSP’s and DMP’s
- Ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders and gain alignment as needed
- Excellent attention to detail, organization skills and strong presentation skills to senior level leadership stakeholders
- Strong communicator with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strategic and analytic mindset with knowledge of test and learn best practices
- Proactively looking for ways to improve existing processes to drive efficiencies
- A keen sense of curiosity and willingness to ask questions that can drive positive change
- Bachelor's degree required; advanced degree preferred
Job Family Group:Marketing
Job Family:Advertising, Branding and Media
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs