Risk Management Systems Improvement Officer (VP)
Location: Warsaw, Prosta 36, Generation Park
Citi Solutions Center is the main EU banking entity for Citi in EMEA with a presence in 22 European countries. It covers several key business lines including Markets and Securities Services, Treasury and Trade Services, Corporate and Investment Banking, Consumer and many others.
Model risk refers to the possibility of a financial loss, incorrect business decisions, misstatement of external financial disclosures, or damage to the company’s reputation as a result of errors in model design (data, theory, assumptions, and interpretation), errors in implementation/execution, and misapplication of model uses or unnoticed deteriorating performance. As any other financial institution, Citi relies heavily on financial and economic models for various applications (risk management, valuation, financial / regulatory reporting, customer targeting, among others). The level of sophistication of models used ranges from spreadsheet tools to complex statistical models implemented in various systems.
Citi centralized all the core processes related to model governance in a system called iMRMS.
The position sits with the MRM System Management Team, which encompasses data quality and user engagement.
- establishing an operational framework to monitor system performance,
- synchronization with upstream and downstream applications,
- helpdesk response,
- gathering and prioritization of enhancements
- implementing the execution of the framework.
- define and coordinate the system framework for AI/ML (artificial intelligence/machine learning) models and for ensuring the timely coordination of infrastructure enhancements with the different stakeholders and downstream systems.
- Collaborate with the stakeholders which include: MRM Technology, MRM Analytics, MRM User Engagement, MRM Data Quality, MRM Process Owners and the Risk Management Project Delivery Office.
- The position is also responsible for ensuring that the system in complaint with MRM Policies and Procedures as well as other applicable firm wide controls.
Key skills and qualifications
- Problem solver mindset, hands-on, quick learner and high analytical skills
- Project Management skills: keep projects on track, within budget and in adherence to scope
- Good communication skills, attention to detail combined with the ability to synthetize
- Ability to translate policies, procedures an guidelines into process maps and concrete tasks, identify dependencies, decision points, actors, opportunities for streamlining, etc.
- Collaboration skills: works as a team player, seeking to engage with others to achieve results
- Practical decision maker focused on execution: Ability to recognize what the end-state should be, but to execute smaller steps in order to materialize results quickly
- Thrive in uncertainty and ability to handle multiple projects concurrently
- Ability to work with remote teams and in different time zones
- Control and Governance mindset: documenting and filing artifacts, identifying control gaps, etc.
The below skills would be a great advantage:
- Knowledge of Quality and Knowledge Management is desirable
- Familiarity with iMRMS and/or other Citi Systems
- Familiarity with UX Design Principles
- SQL, Hue and HTML programming
- Proficiency in JIRA/ Atlassian ecosystem
- Proficiency in Microsoft Project
- Academic: degree in mathematics, engineering, computer science or similar preferred
- Professional: Familiarity with O&T developing cycle as well as with model risk management or similar; Familiarity with Governance framework applied to IT solutions.
What we offer:
- The job offers a unique opportunity to have a firm wide perspective of the models used at Citi, interact with multiple users that range from model sponsors across all businesses and functions, model developers, technology developers, model validators, model governance and model attestation coordinators.
A chance to develop in an international environment in one of the greatest financial institutions worldwide. Working in our organization involves working on international projects, in a culturally diverse and dynamic environment as well as learning top quality organizational culture.
Professional development which provides a regular exposure to auditing activities in numerous countries
An enjoyable and challenging learning path, which leads to a deep understanding of Citi’s products and services as well as development of your personal skills.
Competitive salary and social benefits (private medical care, multisport, life insurance, award winning pension scheme, holiday allowance, discretionary bonus, flexible working schedule and other)
Job Family Group:Risk Management
Job Family:Risk Analytics, Modeling, and Validation
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs