Match Your Skills
Search jobs based on your LinkedIn profile.
Local Markets Product Control Manager - AVPApply Now Locations: Warsaw, Mazovia Job Function: Finance Employee Status: Regular Job ID: 19136553
Product Control is the largest department in Finance with responsibility for controlling Citi revenues via daily profit and loss reporting, price verification and new trading activity review.
We represent the primary control function, monitoring trading activity, controlling daily profit and loss reporting, price verification and new trading activity.
The department is organized into product-aligned teams such as credit, FX, equity, money markets, rates, cash, derivative, as well as structured and exotic variants of different asset classes.
Our Poland office is deeply integrated part of the EMEA regional hub, establishing direct contact with the business and finance areas in the regional center.
The role is part of the Local Markets Product Control team in Poland, within EMEA Finance. The business trades a wide range of products (FX spot, FX forward, FX Options, IR Derivatives, Bonds, Internal Fund Transfer Pricing) across a diverse range of countries and currencies, for CEEMEA and London HUB geography scope. This role is Business (and key stakeholders: Finance, Operations, Market Risk) facing role for Central Eastern Europe (Cee5), Russia, Ukraine, Kazakhstan & Israel countries in particular.
List of responsibilities includes, but is not limited to:
1.Review and oversight of daily, monthly and quarterly controls and reporting output delivered for CEE5, RUK & Israel countries, including:
- review and finalization of daily and monthly Profit and Loss (P&L) and Balance Sheet reporting in Citi systems (S2/PCI). Analysis of the revenue drivers and business strategy - combined with potential enhancements to the accuracy of insight into the business and market environment
- review of daily and monthly controls (e.g. front-to-back and general ledger reconciliations) and providing support to the team in timely resolution of pending issues / breaks
- review of daily Profit Attribution analysis and gain/losses linkage to underlying risks. This includes insight into new trades activity, residuals, greeks, as well as analysis of accrual part of the revenues, such as Internal Fund Transfer Pricing.
2. Coordination of EMEA Local Markets Treasury Product Control work, included but not limited to: oversight on Transfer Pricing (Funding & Gapping) process; LMT Reporting processes (Trapped Liquidity, Other Than Temporary Impairment Assessment, Qualifying Subsidiaries Reporting and AFS Monitoring, etc.)
3. Ensuring standardization and improvement of processes and controls amongst the different parts of the LM business. Ensuring robust controls across the Local Markets function. Running projects and initiatives for CEE5, RUK & IL FXLM PC infrastructure
4. Ensuring CEE5, RUK & IL countries process compliance with underlying Citi policies and requirements. Supporting administrative tasks related to Product Control processes for countries in scope (e.g. EUC)
5. Providing team with support in resolution of outstanding breaks and issues, escalation unresolved problems to senior product control managers and non-product control stakeholders for their attention and action, if required
6. CEE5, RUK & Israel Stakeholders relationship management (FXLM Business, Market Risk, Finance, Operations, Internal Audit) and ensuring timely resolution outstanding items - using escalation schemes, where required.
7. Timely delivery to ad-hoc queries coming from Product Control Management and Business Stakeholders
- Minimum 6 years of experience in Finance (similar role is an advantage)
- University/College degree in Finance/Accounting is an advantage but not a must and we are open to other majors
- A disciplined and dedicated people manager who proactively seeks to improve the existing controls and streamline processes. This can be from a tactical short-term viewpoint, and from a strategic long-term perspective; following through and delivering on these initiatives.
- Commitment to people-oriented leadership
- Excellent verbal and written English
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Strong PC skills in Excel, Word. Training will be provided on other in-house and industry standard systems used on this position.
- Work in a challenging area of the financial industry with one of the world's leading companies with exposure to variety of products, processes and controls
- Cooperation with a high quality, international, multicultural and global team
- Work in a friendly and diversified environment, appreciating differences in style and perspective and using them to add value to decisions leading to organizational success
- Management supporting balanced and agile work (flexible working hours, home office)
- Attractive benefits package (Benefit System, medical care, pension plan etc.)
- A chance to make a difference with various affinity networks and charity initiatives
-------------------------------------------------Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - PL
------------------------------------------------------Time Type :Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.