ICG – ICM Operational Risk Monitoring Officer (C11)
Citi continues to enhance its business control and governance framework by building out Institutional Credit Management (ICM), a new function in the 1st Line of Defence, to house and consistently manage Credit Risk activities performed across its Institutional Client Group organisation.
Institutional Credit Management (ICM) was established with the objective to provide an integrated “end-to-end” credit underwriting, identification, measurement, management and monitoring for wholesale credit businesses across the enterprise. Its formation was an outcome of the Wholesale Credit Risk Program, an ongoing strategic initiative across the 1st and 2nd lines of defence, shaping ICM’s Target Operating Model. Currently ICM has a footprint in over 40 countries.
This role will report into the In-Business Central Controls & Enhancemenst Monitoring and Reporting Lead in ICM and will focus on performing ongoing control monitoring and independent control testing.
The Central Controls & Enhancements team owns all supervisory and conduct metrics for the department and is tasked with the identification of best practices and processes, the integration / centralisation of controls across legacy organisations, analyses and implementation of enhancements, process flow mapping and maintenance, and coordination with other ICG Controls teams.
This is an exciting opportunity for a practically minded professional with a solid understanding of credit risk controls and a keen interest to make a difference in a fast-paced environment. The role will is an excellent opportunity to learn the foundation of ICM and provide an introduction to other attributes for growth within the organization.
The incumbent will be working closely with the ICM business units and controls sub-teams, second line control teams across locations, Business Managers, as well as partner areas such as Operations and Technology.
Key responsibilities include:
- Plans, tests and monitors key controls which have been identified for each product line and document results / reports on findings
- Works with a geographically dispersed team of resources to perform control monitoring / testing
- Ensures appropriate remedial actions are in place where deficiencies are identified; performs root cause analysis
- Provides governance and oversight over ICM controls
- Identification of best practices of controls
- Identification and implementation of Business Control enhancements
- Additional duties as assigned
- Highly intellectual in character requiring exercise of discretion and judgment
- Excellent problem-solving abilities
- Results orientated
- Must be flexible to adapt to the changing needs of the organization during the different phases of Citi’s Transformation
- Ability to collaborate with others to achieve business objectives
- Capability to work with multi-disciplinary teams from different regions
- Ability to communicate effectively with management and cross functional organizations
- Bachelor’s degree / University degree or equivalent experience
- Experience in internal operation audit role or equivalent experience with controls is a plus
- Proven experience in independently handling enhancement projects and interacting with teams across all lines of defence globally
- Understanding of the Risk & Control disciplines, standards and associated gold source systems (Citi Risk & Control, Records Management Governance Tool, Document Management System)
- Must be a self-starter, flexible, innovative, and adaptive
- Proven ability to work in high-pressure, time-sensitive environment
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently, ability to navigate a complex organization
- A proactive and “no surprises” approach in communicating issues
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Superb Presentation skills – in person and via video/phone
- Strong Excel & PowerPoint skills
- Work in a challenging area of the financial industry with one of the world's leading companies with exposure to variety of products, processes and controls
- Cooperation with a high quality, international, multicultural and global team
- Work in a friendly and diversified environment, appreciating differences in style and perspective and using them to add value to decisions leading to organizational success
- Management supporting balanced and agile work (flexible working hours, home office)
- Attractive benefits package (Benefit System, medical care, pension plan etc.)
- A chance to make a difference with various affinity networks and charity initiatives
Job Family Group:Risk Management
Job Family:Business Risk & Controls
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the "EEO is the Law" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 95 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
Featured Career Areas
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs