Finance Analyst - Valuation Control (C10)
The Valuation Control Group (VCG) is an independent global group within Product Control responsible for reviewing and reporting fair value inventory and CCV positions consistently across all asset classes.
VCG is organized along business lines and clients of the group include Business Heads, Line Product Control, Market Risk, Model Risk, Compliance, Legal Department, Middle Office, Internal Audit, external audit firms and the regulatory bodies in countries impacted by Citi’s footprint. VCG collaborates closely with its client base to ensure complete understanding of business valuation issues and accurate execution of valuation control policy.
The successful candidate will supervise the Collateral and Client Valuation Control business from a global valuation perspective and will be expected to have hands-on involvement as well as supervisory responsibility.
We are seeking a highly motivated candidate to work within the Valuation Control Group as analyst across a number of asset classes related to Collateral and Client Valuations (CCV).
The candidate must have a strong analytical skills us, will be responsible for maintaining an effective control framework, along with regulatory developments and global account standards that impact financial valuations.
The role will cover valuation control of the global CCV inventory and will require strong communication skills and teamwork across multiple locations and departments.
- Responsible for working across Product Control, Risk and Operations (Market Data/Collateral/Client Valuations) to perform IPV (Independent Price Verification) on the firm’s CCV inventory
- Responsible for all aspects of valuation control related to CCV, including validation of market data inputs, reporting and analysis
- Development of appropriate controls to effectively ensure compliance with Policies and Standards pertaining to valuation control
- Identifying pricing issues, valuation parameters or instrument types that may require particular attention with critical analysis of the valuation issues involved
- Assist in financial reporting related to Non FV securities.
- Active participation in valuation projects through significant involvement in the UAT work streams.
- Keep up with the market developments and use the knowledge in reviewing fair value movements.
- 1+ years of experience in Finance,
- Knowledge of finance instruments like corporate and government bonds and secularized products (Agency MBS/CMBS and Non-Agency including CLO/CDO, RMBS, Esoteric ABS, and CMBS)
- Understanding of financial markets and valuation methodologies applicable to the pricing of liquid and illiquid investments
- Understanding of current global accounting and regulatory developments pertaining to valuation of financial instruments
- Understand complex valuation concepts
- Proficient in MS Excel; Programming experience is a plus
- General understanding of how collateral and lending works at a major bank.
- Self-motivated and innovative
- Ability to prioritize to ensure deadlines are met
- Excellent interpersonal skills – able to deal with a range of senior/junior staff across a number of disciplines
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in any finance, economics or quantitative related subject would be an asset
What we offer:
- Work in a challenging area of the financial industry with one of the world's leading companies with exposure to variety of products, processes and controls
- Cooperation with a high quality, international, multicultural and global team
- Work in a friendly and diversified environment, appreciating differences in style and perspective and using them to add value to decisions leading to organizational success
- Management supporting balanced and agile work (flexible working hours, home office)
- Attractive benefits package (Benefit System, medical care, pension plan etc.)
- A chance to make a difference with various affinity networks and charity initiatives
-------------------------------------------------Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - PL
------------------------------------------------------Time Type :
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs