Compliance Sanctions Sr Analyst - EMEA
Location: Warsaw, Citi Solutions Center, 60 Grzybowska Street
Citi Solutions Center is the main EU banking entity for Citi in EMEA with a presence in 22 European countries. It covers several key business lines including Markets and Securities Services, Treasury and Trade Services, Corporate and Investment Banking, Consumer and others.
The successful Candidate will serve as a senior compliance risk analyst for Independent Compliance Risk Management (ICRM) and will be responsible for establishing internal strategies, policies, procedures, processes related to monitoring and fostering awareness of sanctions regulatory requirements that Citi must comply with.
- Analyzing comparative data, preparing and presenting regional and global reports related to sanctions risk assessments, and monitoring of sanctions related issues and escalations with senior management and global partners.
- Supporting a specialized team of Independent Compliance Risk (ICRM) officers responsible for program execution activities.
- Contributing to the design and maintenance of a comprehensive written ICRM Sanctions Framework (standards and policies).
- Partnering with functional partners and key stakeholders – regionally and globally, as applicable, to ensure potential risks are identified during due diligence, or escalated on an ad hoc basis, are appropriately vetted and addressed. Identifying and escalating to the Chief Sanctions Officer material risks and significant instances of not adherence to the Framework by accountable front line units; directs investigations in coordination with GIU, CSIS, Legal, HR, or as appropriate.
- Monitoring adherence to Citi’s Global Sanctions Policy and relevant procedures; staying current on key Sanctions regulatory changes, key enforcement actions and related industry trends.
- Overseeing adherence to procedures and processes, to ensure compliance with policies ensuring that front line units meet required standards.
- Interacting with relevant teams to raise awareness of Sanctions trends, emerging issues, remedial actions or enhancements to the program.
- Supporting efforts in connection Internal Audit and functional regulators in Program exams and evaluations; tracks and challenges remedial actions from the front line units.
- Drafting and editing sanctions-related reference materials; support the various electronic record-keeping logs for sanctions licenses, voluntary disclosures; subpoenas etc.; participate in sanctions training programs.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made.
Key skills and qualifications:
- Preferably expertise of AML and Sanctions regulations, risks and typologies
- At least 4 years of relevant experience preferred
- Knowledge of Compliance laws, rules, regulations, risks and typologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be a self-starter, flexible, innovative and adaptive
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively and with people at all levels of the organization
- Work collaboratively with regional and global partners in other functional units; ability to navigate a complex organization
- Excellent project management and organizational skills and capability to handle multiple projects at one time
- Proficient in MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) Knowledge in area of focus
- Bachelor’s degree; experience in compliance, legal or other control-related function in the financial services firm, regulatory organization, or legal/consulting firm, or a combination thereof; experience in area of focus; Advanced degree preferred
What you will get in return:
- Opportunity to work in an international, independent role
- First class training from the US experts, great insight into the regional processes across EMEA, exposure to the extensive amount of products, services and markets
- A supportive workplace for professionals returning to the office from childcare leave
- An enjoyable and challenging learning path, which leads to a deep understanding of Citi’s products and services
- Competitive social benefits (medical care, multisport, life insurance, award-winning pension plan, holiday allowance, home office, paternity/maternity scheme, and other).
- Consideration for a yearly bonus
- At Citi Solutions Center we cooperate with other Citi entities from all over the world. Working in our organization involves working on international projects, in a culturally diverse and dynamic environment as well as learning top quality organizational culture
Job Family Group:Compliance and Control
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 95 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs