Citi Private Banking - Regional Manager - Western Canada
Summary Overview – Senior manager position responsible for overseeing a portion of the Western Canadian team for Citi Private Bank. Position is a member of the Canadian Management team and the extended North American Private Bank Management team. High-level responsibilities included full P&L oversight, staffing, strategic planning, and day-to-day management of the team.
EXPECTED CONTRIBUTIONS AND TASKS:
(Operating results, customer effectiveness, risk, business, technical proficiency, execution, professional standards, leadership, influence, shared ownership):
DEVELOP SALES STRATEGIES
• Serve as strategic partner with Citigroup Seniors to determine the best way to execute the CPB strategic plan.
• Develop proactive sales and marketing strategies for different client segments.
• Accelerated sales revenue performance
• Participate and initiate client calls with sales force
• Develop strategy to expand within the Western Canadian region, open new offices when and where appropriate.
DRIVE SALES RESULTS&PROFITABILITY
• Continuously track sales performance.
• Streamline sales processes to meet client needs.
• Help bankers sell and add value to the sales process.
• Manage expenses of sales team.
BUILD&MAINTAIN CLIENT RELATIONSHIPS
• Give client issues the highest level of priority.
• Actively assist bankers in assessing client needs and developing recommendations.
• Ensure clients are presented with a seamless integration of products and services that best meet their needs.
• Highly satisfied client base
• Minimal customer attrition
BUILD EFFECTIVE TEAMS
NEGOTIATE THE CITIGROUP ORGANIZATION
• Identify and initiate cross-referral opportunities.
• Influence and gain support across all levels of the CPB and Citigroup.
• Communicate risks and reduce exposure for the client and the CPB.
• Ensure 100% compliance on all regulatory requirements.
• Processes (both bank and CIS) utilized are consistent with corporate compliance policies
• Ensure controls are in place to meet all audit requirements
KEY CHALLENGES / ANTICIPATED CHANGES:
• Build marketplace awareness of Citigroup Private Bank and communicate the value that Citigroup can bring to the new clients and the community.
• Position the Citigroup Private Bank as the provider of choice for UHNW Clients in the Western Canadian region.
• Recruit, select and develop staff with well-rounded skills and knowledge to ensure growth and development of "high end" client base.
• Ensure staff is well trained on Private Banking products and services and that the Team can effectively communicate the "Citi" value.
• Build social and community involvement by becoming an active participant in local events and becoming a well known, trusted, and respected professional within the community.
• Achieve high levels of customer satisfaction for client base as client count increases.
• Quickly gaining market share in regional market.
• Effectively manage time / prioritizing multiple tasks
• Effectively coach all Team to achieve exceptional performance.
• Consistently recognize staff members for accomplishments and exceeding objectives.
• Build and maintaining a cohesive team that has the skills and characteristics to evolve into a High Performance Team.
• MBA degree or equivalent experience
• Previously managed highly skilled sales force in Financial Services
• Must have completed the Canadian Securities Course.
• Extensive knowledge of investment management & derivative products
• Proven ability to manage against segmented (tiered) client base
• Demonstrated sales / acquisition performance
• Demonstrated coaching and people development experience
• Strong organizational skills
• Excellent communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills
• Demonstrated ability to motivate staff
• Marketing planning skills
• Sales plan development skills
• Budget management skills
• Financial analysis skills (revenue, expenses, margin)
• Excellent decision making skills
• Strong business acumen
• Team player
• Excellent people manager with proven skills and abilities to recruit, select and develop talent
• Excellent communicator (staff, clients and colleagues).
• Customer and quality focused
• Thinks strategically — Sees the big picture
• Leads by example. Is seen as a "role model"
• Is highly regarded and respected within the community
• Ability to handle complex client situations. Solution provider
• Ability to influence others (staff, peers, superiors)
• Thinks outside of the box
• Highly motivated to succeed. Results oriented
• Self-starter - Entrepreneurial Spirit
• Active listening skills
• Change agent/Flexible
• Will be viewed by all staff as a strong manager equally focused on the business, clients and employee success
Citi Canada is an equal opportunity employer. Accordingly, we will make accommodations to respond to the needs of people with disabilities (including, without limitation, physical and mental health disabilities) during the recruitment process and otherwise in accordance with law. Individuals who view themselves as Aboriginals, members of visible minority or racialized communities, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Job Family Group:Private Client Coverage
Job Family:Franchise Management
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs