Match Your Skills
Search jobs based on your LinkedIn profile.
Retail Business Banker - Torrance, CAApply Now Locations: Torrance, California Job Function: Banker Employee Status: Regular Job ID: 20174118
The Retail Business Banker (RBB) is responsible for proactively sourcing, acquiring, expanding and retaining customer relationships by maximizing sales opportunities in an assigned territory, under the Retail Business Bank, and ensuring a world-class customer experience for all current and prospective clients.
- Achieve desired revenue, sales production, business scorecard and service scores.
- Develop and execute an integrated and comprehensive territory (2-5 branches) sales plan to achieve desired results. Emphasize acquisition of new to bank clients. Target industries to maximize high probability and high potential.
- Activate and energize territory partners to execute sales plan.
- Develop a Center of Influence (COI) network by engaging in business networking and community activities. RBB will actively represent Citibank in business communities, generate business leads and close business opportunities. Through extensive involvement, create local community awareness that the bank is critically focused on partnering in the community and providing multi-product banking solutions to the small business community. Maintain frequent interaction with COIs, diverse industry segments, community leaders and senior business contacts.
- Proactively manage portfolio of assigned high value clients. Expand business banking customer relationships by identifying needs and maximizing opportunities. Ensure customer satisfaction and retention. Cross-sell and refer to other business segments.
- Source and provide credit solutions for prospects and clients. The SBB develops credit structure and full credit packages including the deal summary memo for total credit exposure greater than $250K. Credit certified in small business banking. Follow up on credit referrals >$250M from Branch Managers and Business Bankers. Work with Branch staff and customer on preparing proper credit structure and credit package.
- Deliver client satisfaction and relationship profitability. Be primary point of contact.
- Effectively leverage, coordinate and organize targeted marketing campaigns, events and new product launches to drive sales activities and fulfill customer needs across territory.
- Develop retail business skills of assigned territory team, primarily Branch Managers, through execution of joint sales activities and ongoing training. Provide ongoing coaching to Branch staff and partners in assigned territory to effectively identify referral opportunities.
- Foster teamwork and small business knowledge in all assigned branches to ensure a positive customer experience. Be accountable to client service scores.
- Partner with Commercial Banking, Mortgage, CitiGold, and PWM to ensure ongoing and appropriate client communication to support maximization and satisfaction of client relationship.
- Provide Product Specialists with qualified referrals. Assist through closing.
- Strictly adhere to internal control policies such as the account opening and credit protocols of accurate collection, completion and updating of all required documentation.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 2-5 years banking experience, preferably 2-3 years in Business Banking
- Exceptional consulting skills; ability to probe, listen, clarify and present information to advance sales transactions, deepen relationships
- Demonstrated analytical skills and ability to assimilate complex financial and company operating information
- Professional presentation skills
- Strong working knowledge of credit structuring and processing; credit trained preferred
- Highly effective communication and influence skills
- Customer oriented and responsive
- Superior organizational skills
- Excellent business development skills
- This position requires the employee to register as a mortgage loan originator with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry ("Registry") and obtain a unique identifier from the Registry before engaging in mortgage loan originator activities, to maintain and renew that registration on an annual basis, to update registration information with the Registry on a timely basis, and to provide that unique identifier to consumers as required by applicable SAFE Act regulations and Citi policies and procedures.
- Bachelor's/University degree or equivalent experience
-------------------------------------------------Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - US
------------------------------------------------------Time Type :Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.