TTS Head of Payments & Receivables - Canada-Director
The Product Management Senior Group Manager is a senior management level position responsible for managing a broad range of Product Management employees, setting strategy and providing direction, leadership and budgetary management, etc. Additionally, this role will be responsible for the development of product plans, strategies, and tactics while coordinating product lines through product life-cycles in coordination with the broader Product Management team. The overall objective of this role is to coordinate the promotion of products to develop new markets, increase share of market and obtain competitive position.
- Manage a team of professional to accomplish established goals and conduct personnel duties for team (e.g. performance evaluations, hiring and disciplinary actions) as well as negotiate and make decisions on issues/activities having critical impact/influence on company revenues, capital, or business operations
- Lead strategic product roadmaps, product development, program launches, and program marketing to gain maximum benefit from each product, as well as survey and analyze competitive industry landscapes to identify relative trends, threats, and opportunities for product managers
- Manage day-to-day product marketing for core products such as product delivery, client experience, and client communication strategies as well as help the team prioritize, negotiate, and remove obstacles to achieve business results
- Drive client valued propositions, positioning, segmentation, pricing, targeting, channel strategies, and competitive differentiation to achieve preferred status as a partner to Citi clients
- Develop plans and execute functional strategies for a country, group of countries, region, or business requiring coordination and integration across units as well as provide input into strategic decisions affecting job family or function within region or business
- Manage client and competitor market research, develop product innovation roadmap, and address fundamental trials of product commoditization to create an advanced set of solutions
- Oversee all aspects of program life cycle management including market demands, technology trends, and the competitive field as well as drive innovation by working with external partners/alliances to develop products, manage ongoing relationships, and prepare agreements
- Manage acquisition targets, product financial performance, revenue performance, and expense management goals as well as oversee identification and execution of opportunities and gaps business plans
- Define and launch new products, features, and capabilities including defining the product/feature and go-to-market strategy, and participate in technology development and market launch activities
- Develop and communicate a business plan to approach the marketplace, and coordinate and implement team procedures, client problem resolutions and client management
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 15+ years of relevant experience
- 8-10+ years of managerial experience
- Experience managing in a global and matrixed environment including managing cross functional areas with direct and indirect reports (e.g. risk, finance, decision management, marketing, operations)
- Working knowledge of the different systems, theories, and practices relevant to a function as well as practical experience of multiple business cycles
- In-depth knowledge of industry and competitor products/services
- Bachelor’s degree/University degree or equivalent experience
- Master’s degree preferred
The Canada Product Head for Payments & Receivables will drive significant business changes and opportunities in Canada for Citi’s payments and collections business. Reporting to the Head of Product for Citi Treasury and Trade Solutions in Canada, this role is responsible for Product Management of Payments and Receivables product lines in Canada. It provides leadership to a team of 4 direct reports, guiding their development, and supporting their success.
The Canada cash management business is entering a transformative period highlighted by an ambitious industry payments modernization plan, a transition to direct clearing, and aggressive competition by banks and fintechs. This role will lead efforts to achieve smooth technology transformations that augment stability and speed innovation to market, commercialize leading edge global products in Canada, effectively manage risks, and develop the strength of the team.
This role will be responsible for a number of key near & medium-term projects related to new payment capabilities and Citi's overall payments infrastructure in Canada. Key responsibilities include:
• Ownership of the P&L for Payables and Receivables products and for setting of the relevant strategic vision and direction.
• Develop and execute strategies to grow product revenue, reduce expense and maximize profit margin results.
• Set pricing and discounting parameters, refresh costing.
• Monitor key product measures, identify actions necessary and lead corrective actions.
• Maintain an expert understanding of market conditions, competition, and client needs and adapt the product suite accordingly.
• As the product expert, provide leadership and expertise to clients, prospects and internal partners, lead external thought leadership activities in the payments and receivables space.
• Own the Canada product roadmap for Payments & Receivables. Ensure that the product programs reflect the local market needs of Citi’s global clients operating in Canada in addition to alignment with Citi’s regional and global strategies as well as Citi’s policies and local regulations.
• Manage development and market launch of all new and enhanced products through the bank’s product approval processes and provide training, sales collateral and sales support for coverage and sales
• With respect to product development and infrastructure changes, this role has overall responsibilities for projects, including oversight of business requirements, collaboration and confirmation of functional requirements documents, satisfaction of Citi's governance criteria, compliance with AML and business risk requirements, review and approval of test plans and sign-off on production launch.
• Manage business risk & compliance across suite of payments and receivables products, including completion of all audits, legal, tax risk, vendor governance, and compliance and regulatory reporting, including management control assessments and corrective action plan follow ups.
Citi Canada is an equal opportunity employer. Accordingly, we will make accommodations to respond to the needs of people with disabilities (including, without limitation, physical and mental health disabilities) during the recruitment process and otherwise in accordance with law. Individuals who view themselves as Aboriginals, members of visible minority or racialized communities, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Job Family Group:Product Management and Development
Job Family:Product Management
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs