SVP - Head of Commercial Card Product and Market Management Canada, Hybrid
The Product Dev Sr Specialist is a strategic professional who closely follows latest trends in own field and adapts them for application within own job and the business. Typically a small number of people within the business that provide the same level of expertise. Excellent communication skills required in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior level. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers. Accountable for significant direct business results or authoritative advice regarding the operations of the business. Necessitates a degree of responsibility over technical strategy. Primarily affects a sub-function. Responsible for handling staff management issues, including resource management and allocation of work within the team/project.
- The Product Development Senior Specialist is responsible for all activities related to the development of new products and/or features and functionality of products including developing business cases, requirements definition (BRDs), product enhancements innovation, feature and functionality definition based on market and industry research and trends and client needs
- This role manages the end-to-end product development lifecycle and will also scope product releases, agreeing to and tracking business priorities, incorporating regulatory and compliance requirements and investment tracking
- Creates a product vision aligned to business priorities and corresponding road-map to delivery
- Follows market, industry and client trends to own field and adapts them for application Citi’s products and solutions platforms
- Conceptualizes, plans, prioritizes, coordinates design and delivery of products or features to product release, and serves as product ambassador within user community
- Works in close co-ordination with Technology, Business Managers and senior stakeholders to fulfill the delivery objectives
- Manages and implements a wide variety of products and solutions to address client needs
- Has responsibility to deliver significant direct business results and authoritative advice regarding product development that necessitates a degree of responsibility over technical strategy
- Partners with senior business leaders and a widely distributed global user community to define and implement solutions
- Creates clear and specific project plans, business and technical requirements documents for product execution
- Interacts directly with business managers, technology, and sales to understand their long term vision, discuss industry trends, and incorporate them into the product & solutions strategy
- Focuses on controls and governance, including performing Need-to-Know based security and access reviews, Access Approvals, controls testing and documentation
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 10+ years of experience
- Proven track record of successfully managing in a large and complex business
- Intellectual curiosity, analytical and conceptual thinker
- Proactively seeks and develops new opportunities
- Thorough financial acumen and P&L management experience
- Excellent analytical, interpretive and problem solving skills
- Proven track record of bringing diverse groups and perspectives to work against a common goal
- Ability to maintain momentum and minimize client and employee attrition
- Ability to establish and maintain senior client relationships and to work across multiple facets of Citi businesses
- Process Management knowledge with a propensity for detail and comprehensiveness of content
- Ability to collaborate and clearly communicate with senior members of an organization
- Project Management skills with experience leading large cross functional initiatives
- Proven track record as change agent, with ability to encourage and embrace innovative ideas and solutions
- High emphasis on “getting to yes” and building intercompany relationships
- Self-aware with ability to adapt to various situations, rapidly assimilate and report on complex information while creating a future vision
- Bachelor’s/University degree, Master’s degree preferred
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Citi Commercial Cards is the leading provider of Card solutions to multi-national corporations and public sector organizations, offering global payment capabilities in over 100 countries. Together, the Travel & Entertainment (T&E) and Business-to-Business (B2B) product lines form the core of Citi’s business expense management offering, leveraged by over 8 million cardholders around the world.
The Head of Commercial Card Product and Market Management for Canada is a critical role in driving the success of the Commercial Cards business in Canada. The incumbent will own all aspects of Canadian product development, product management, market management including financial P&L management, pricing strategy/approvals within the framework of Citi’s regional and global commercial cards strategy. The role will be responsible for driving revenue growth of all Commercial Card business products and solutions within the Canadian market.
The role requires working closely with Global and Regional Product Managers, Product Sales, Global Solution Sales, Operations and cross functional teams, both in Canada and the United States.
- Work closely with global and regional product teams to develop and refine the strategy of product solutions, go to market approach, and delivery model in Canada
- Collaborate with Technology, Operations and Coverage teams to drive timely, cost effective and high-quality delivery of strategically aligned product solutions
- Work closely with the coverage teams, and core product teams to ensure that the demands of Corporate and Public sector clients are well understood and met
- Work with product sales and legal to manage client contract negotiations
- Create, execute and support marketing activities, client forums and industry trade shows
- Collaborate with product, sales and client delivery in the development and execution of marketing material, collateral, welcome kits, etc.
- Stay up to date and communicate industry, market and competitive information on product offerings, pricing, strategy, etc.
- Partner with Finance to evaluate investments in product development, and monitor and control revenue, expenditure, pricing, rebates and benefits realization
- Work with in business and independent risk management functions to ensure that all relevant documentation (e.g. Product Approval Program, TPM, AML, IA) and processes are strictly adhered to and risks are mitigated in line with Citi’s risk appetite.
- Relevant experience in commercial cards with good knowledge of corporate banking practices in the cash management space; Exposure to and understanding of business analysis, data, and system analysis
- Successful track record of managing a business end-to-end with demonstrated results
- Demonstrated ability to self-direct work efforts, meet deadlines, take initiative, and produce consistent high-quality work; Willingness to be a direct contributor and ability to multi-task across a vast scope of responsibilities
- Thought leader with strong communication, interpersonal skills, and senior management presence, able to work effectively in highly matrixed environments
- Results-oriented, critical thinker with strong project management skills and passion for innovation
- Technology background with the ability to drive innovative solutions and product designs
- Financial and P&L management background with focus on revenue and expense related improvements
- Background in risk management and business controls with proven experience managing business risk and regulatory requirements
- Some travel required
- Bachelor’s/University degree, Master’s degree preferred
Job Family Group:Product Management and Development
Job Family:Product Development
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the "EEO is the Law" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 95 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
Featured Career Areas
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs