Trade Finance Product Manager
The Product Sales Specialist is a seasoned professional role. Applies in-depth disciplinary knowledge, contributing to the development of new techniques and the improvement of processes and work-flow for the area or function. Integrates subject matter and industry expertise within a defined area. Requires in-depth understanding of how areas collectively integrate within the sub-function as well as coordinate and contribute to the objectives of the function and overall business. Evaluates moderately complex and variable issues with substantial potential impact, where development of an approach/taking of an action involves weighing various alternatives and balancing potentially conflicting situations using multiple sources of information. Requires good analytical skills in order to filter, prioritize and validate potentially complex and dynamic material from multiple sources. Excellent communication and diplomacy skills are required. Regularly assumes informal/formal leadership role within teams. Involved in coaching and training of new recruits. Significant impact in terms of project size, geography, etc. by influencing decisions through advice, counsel and/or facilitating services to others in area of specialization. Work and performance of all teams in the area are directly affected by the performance of the individual.
- Responsible for building profitable, long-term relationships, orchestrating delivery of superior products and services to corporate clients adding value to their treasury processes
- Collaborates in building pipeline and achieves new business goals through effective planning, relationships with internal/external clients and implementation of complex product and commercial strategies
- The Solutions Sales Head plays a critical role in the re-positioning of the Business in the local marketplace and in the maximization of our wallet share with a client base that is currently extremely underpenetrated
- The development of this role is a key component of the growth strategy
- Work with Banking and Product partners in order to originate in yearly Revenue targets as well being responsible of maintaining a pipeline and clients
- Apply combined in-depth technical product & sales skills with client diagnostic and origination skills to design complex multi-product solutions, for Corporate, Public Sector and Financials Institutions clients
- Plays a leading role in setting strategic direction and thought leadership on key focus/opportunistic industries to deepen client share of wallet and increase business Market Share, maximizing Revenues and Profit
- Works with Product Partners and influences decision making around product priorities, market needs and commercialization strategies, based on his/her leading role in the assessment of the local competitive landscape, key industry trends and buyer behavior
- Responsible for developing and executing comprehensive mid to long-term sales plans/strategies and joint calls, in partnership with Product Partners, measured through sales goals/quotas, deal profitability and Client Experience
- Through his/her thorough understanding of the market and industries in which Citi’s target clients operate, the client's organizational and operating structure, buying processes and business objectives, effectively positions Citi and its value added proposition in the marketplace to position Citi among the top Corporate, Public Sector and Financial Institutions Financial Services provider
- Plays a leading role in the competitive landscape assessment pursuit and execution of business opportunities
- Build a strong pipeline based on Account Plans and Heat Map process that include revenue and driver targets
- Responsible for maintaining current relationships and developing business from under-penetrated clients
- Work in close partnership with control functions such as Legal, Compliance, Market and Credit Risk, Audit, Finance in order to ensure appropriate governance and control infrastructure
- Build a culture of responsible finance, good governance and supervision, expense discipline and ethics
- Appropriately assess risk/reward of transactions when making business decisions; demonstrating proper consideration for the firm’s reputation
- Be familiar with and adhere to Citi’s Code of Conduct and the Plan of Supervision for Global Markets and Securities Services
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 5-8 years of experience
- Proficient in MS Excel, MS Power Point, MS Word, MS Project desirable
- Should be an accomplished Product, Sales and Customer orientated person
- Bachelors/University degree or equivalent experience
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Job Family Group:Institutional Sales
Job Family:Institutional Product Sales
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs