VP, GRR Program Management Lead
Global Risk Review (GRR) provides independent, objective, reliable, valued and timely assurance to Citigroup and Citibank NA (CBNA) Risk Management Committees of the respective Boards of Directors, the Citigroup Chief Risk Officer, the Citibank Chief Risk Officer, senior management and regulators over the effectiveness of credit, capital and collateral risk management and the ability of the Business and independent Risk Management to identify, monitor and mitigate current and emerging risks. The assessments are undertaken by four core Review functions including: Fundamental Credit Risk, Confirmation of Basel Classification Review and Analysis, Collateral Risk Review, and Global Portfolio Review.
GRR also includes the Global Credit Risk Officer Framework, Capital Planning Review and Challenge, and Independent Risk Quality Assurance teams sponsored by the Head of Global Risk Review. The GRR Chief Administrative Office, Infrastructure and Strategic Projects, GRR Analysts and GRR Analytics teams provide centralized support to the GRR organization. Within GRR, the Infrastructure and Strategic Projects (ISP) team oversees critical projects and helps in the infrastructure and control development and implementation for the consolidated GRR organization, and the core Review functions.
The VP, Global Risk Review Program Management Lead will play a critical role in leading strategic projects for the GRR organization. Excellent communication skills are required in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior level. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers. Responsible for Leading key technology projects and collaborate with prospective users and clients to understand and anticipate their needs and translate them into program requirements. Accountable for significant direct business results or authoritative advice regarding the operations of the business. Necessitates a degree of responsibility over technical strategy. Developmental opportunities include experience in a high visibility and dynamic function, significant exposure to GRR Management and GRR’s global review teams, enhanced business contacts and leadership responsibilities.
• Collaborating with prospective users and clients to understand and anticipate their needs and translate them into program requirements
• Managing the Program backlog and prioritizing them based on changing requirements
• Lead analysis of the relevant data, processes, and technology to support project decisions
• Overseeing all stages of program development including design and development. Developing user stories, business requirement documents and various presentations for senior management
• Monitoring and evaluating Program progress at each stage of the process. Liaising with the technology team, GRR team and end-users to deliver updates
• Ensures all stakeholders are identified and included in scope definition activities, understand the program schedule and key milestones and receive schedule status regularly
• Directs the communication of status, issue, and risk disposition to all stakeholders, including GRR Management, on a timely basis
• Lead the User Acceptance testing (UAT) phases. Liaising with Technology team and end-users to make sure UAT is conducted as plan, create/provides UAT Test cases to end-users, communicate all identified defect and enhancements to technology team
• Directs the identification of risks which impact program delivery and ensure mitigation strategies are developed and executed when necessary
• Applies comprehensive understanding of concepts and procedures within own area and basic knowledge of other areas to resolve issues that have impact beyond own area
• Ensures creation and signoff of program plan and charter, benefits management plan, stakeholder management plan, acceptance plan, and central program issue log
• Ensures program plans meet business needs as described in the program initiation documents
• Lead the agile approach, using appropriate tools to monitor change for issue remediation and planning
• Drive communication between business leaders and Information Technology (IT); exhibit sound and comprehensive communication and diplomacy skills to exchange complex information
• Consider the business implications of the application of technology to the current business environment; identify and communicate risks and impacts
• Lead development and management of comprehensive technology delivery plans for timely delivery and ensure timelines are met by escalating any concerns to the GRR Head of ISP
• Support in delivering critical and time-sensitive deliverables for the Board of Directors, senior management, regulators, Internal Audit and external auditors
• Supports planning, directing and coordination of day-to-day activities of running a program or portfolio of programs
• Identifies stakeholders and key organizations and builds and manages relationships
• Directs the creation of multiple programs of work and manages their alignment to business goals
• Leads the facilitation, coordination, and arbitration of cross-functional macro level topics within/across programs and with GRR Management
• Leads the identification and drives resolution of issues, including those outside established programs of work
• Works with stakeholders to ensure program scope definition meets business objectives
• Drives adherence to program processes, procedures, methods, and standards for program delivery and leverage across the program
• Escalates program risks to the Head of ISP, when appropriate
• Exercises shared responsibility for budget, policy formulation and planning
• Appropriately assesses risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency
• Should demonstrate a commitment to quality and strong attention to detail
• Excellent interpersonal relationships with ability to influence and negotiate with stakeholders and generate productive and inclusive team dynamics
• Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely to audiences of varying levels of seniority
• Strong project and time management skills with the ability to successfully handle competing priorities
• Energetic, responsive team player with the interest to take initiative and work in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to communicate effectively across technology and business lines
• Proficiency in project management systems (e.g., Microsoft Project, JIRA, SharePoint, Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
• Certification(s) or working knowledge of Agile, Scrum a plus
• Solid relationship management skills to generate productive, and inclusive, team dynamics.
• Demonstrable financial services experience including 6-10 years of governance, operations, strategy, project management in Corporate, Commercial or Retail Banking
• Experience in working across regulation
• Experience in governance or strategy role that required the production of materials for senior audiences is preferred
• Proven track record of delivering results and strategic initiatives in a complex environment
• Knowledge of Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and systems implementation a plus
• BA/BS or higher in Technology, Business, Finance, or a related field
Job Family Group:Risk Management
Job Family:Credit Review Risk Management
Time Type:Full time
Primary Location:Tampa Florida United States
Primary Location Salary Range:$100,430.00 - $150,650.00
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the "EEO is the Law" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 95 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
Featured Career Areas
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs