VP - Chief Data Governance Office Risk & Control Officer
The Risk & Control Officer for the Chief Data Governance Office (CDGO) is responsible for supporting and partnering with the CDGO Senior Leadership Team, the 2nd and 3rd lines of defense, O&T Risk and Control, Data Governance Officers, and other CDGO business partners across Citi, in shared accountability of risk identification and mitigation as well as control design and monitoring related to Data Management.
The Chief Data Governance Office (CDGO) drives and enforces data quality across Citi and addresses the challenges related to the end-to-end data architecture for risk, financial, regulatory, and management information. The CDGO defines and enforces data-related policies and standards across Citi and enables the business stakeholders with the tools required to take ownership and accountability for data governance and management. This is achieved through developing, implementing and monitoring adherence to the Citi Data Management Policy (CDMP), which defines Corporate Data Standards while providing a governance framework for Data Ownership and Data Quality throughout Citi.
The CDGO Risk & Control Officer accomplishes results through the management and oversight of audit activities involving data management, oversight on the data management control environment, and execution of data management audit/control related activities, including risk identification / mitigation, and audit coordination.
- Coordinate the assigned audit and review deliverable requests for Data related audits to ensure requests are coordinated with the CDGO staff and deliverables are validated against the procedures and established controls before submitting to auditors.
- Track assigned Audit/Review results related to Data Management and compile audit information for management reporting.
- Escalate audit concerns to the CDGO Risk & Control Manager and CDGO Risk & Control Head.
- Liaise with Internal Audit, ICRM, ORM, and other business partners on Audits, Reviews and inquiries. Facilitate touchpoint meetings.
- Facilitate the review of processes and data management controls to assess the design and operational effectiveness as well as coverage and alignment with the CDMP.
- Liaise with the CDGO R&C MCA team to ensure effective Data Management controls are included in the MCA MGE framework as well as Enterprise MCA Profiles. Collaborate in the Annual Risk Assessment.
- Work with the CDGO Managers and Staff to ensure the implementation of the Data Management Control Programs within their areas.
- Enlist the aid of Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) as needed to resolve non-compliance issues. Escalate to CDGO Senior Leadership Team Members repeated attempts to secure compliance / control artifacts for staff in their respective areas.
- Provide support and education to business partners on CDMP requirements. Provide feedback on all Risk & Control procedures, corporate policies, control Initiatives as requested.
- Assist other Citi stakeholders and Risk and Control teams with CDGO-CDMP audit/review artifact requests.
- Assist the CDGO teams identify unmitigated risks related to Citi Data Management Policy (CDMP) definition, implementation and adherence and associated Citi Level Policies & Standards, risk identification and MCA support.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 6+ years of experience in risk management and/or regulatory compliance in two or more of the following risk disciplines: audit and controls, technology risk, business continuity, operational risk, or supplier risk. Broad knowledge of other risk areas, with strong understanding of supplier or third-party risk impact in a financial services company is a plus
- Must have direct experience interacting with auditors
- Prefer knowledge of data management practices, including CDMP, data quality and data acquisition life cycle
- Project management and governance experience with demonstrated ability to achieve and exceed critical milestones
- Must have outstanding leadership, communication, and influencing skills as this leader will work with Senior Leaders, and audit partners on a regular basis
- Ability to foster working relationships with other leaders across multiple lines of business and with support organizations, including auditors and regulators
- Solid analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to participate in and lead virtual teams
- High degree of attention to detail
- Power user of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint
Bachelor’s/University degree or equivalent experience
Job Family Group:Risk Management
Job Family:Business Risk & Controls
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs