Vice President, Income & Expense Operations
Citi is a market leader in clearing services, is the no.1 ranked global OTC Clearer with 27% of market share, the no.1 ranked global FX Prime Broker, and no.3 ranked global provider of Exchange Traded Derivatives. Our clearing business is fully integrated across the franchise at Board level has been identified as a top 4, firmwide strategic initiative.
The Brokerage Receivables Operations Manager is directly accountable for all aspects of receivables billing in support of Listed Futures - including staff talent development and retention, operational processes and platforms, definition and delivery of target operating model, and continual regulatory and control adherence. Role includes significant interface with the firm’s business and finance partners as well as external brokers and industry groups to ensure accuracy of all brokerage receivable billing in support of our global client base. Successful candidate will manage and provide hands on supervisory support to staff in both Tampa, Florida and Mumbai, India while bringing tremendous energy and leadership in pursuit of best in class solutions to match client and firm objectives.
The role will report into Americas Head of Futures and Clearing Operations.
Citi Market Operations and Operations Technology is currently at a pivotal point in its evolution and journey to implement a target operating model. We take pride and are passionate about our People and our culture. We are invested in people and their development. We are transforming and simplifying our operating model creating an exciting environment which encourages diversity of thought and inclusion.
We are a dynamic, global and diverse Organization, with a presence in over 60 Countries; covering all front post execution Operations teams including product aligned Middle Office groups, Settlements, Margin, Asset Servicing, Listed Derivative & Commodities Operations. We support an extensive range of Capital Markets products and services including Fixed Income (FX, Rates, Credit, Muni, Cash and Derivatives) where Citi is consistently a dominant top 3 player in the market, Equity (Cash, Derivatives, Prime Brokerage, Futures, Listed Derivs, FXPB) where Citi has a significant growth program to continue to build out its capabilities and services; and Syndicates where we support both FI and EQ new issues and IPOs.
Our Operations groups are core to the success of the Markets business and has significant impact across the lifecycle of a Trade. We partner extensively with a range of internal stakeholders including Front Office Sales and Trading Desks, Compliance, Legal, Finance and HR; alongside having significant interaction with our external client base, playing a key role in the overall client experience. We have a Client relationship group dedicated to overseeing the group service performance and strategic partnership for our top tier client base, where we play a key role in supporting our global clients to ensure they have a first class experience when doing business with Citi.
Our Digitization and Implementation group works alongside our Operations teams delivering automation solutions to solve for operational challenges. We partner with Citi’s innovation labs to drive optimization and overall play a pivotal role in enabling us to transform to achieve our target operating model.
Our Technology groups develop and implement a wide range of applications that support the Operations, Change, Design and Implementation groups in providing innovative products and solutions. We have re-imagined how to provide technology and service in our domain through the alignment of our team vision, culture, and aggressive retirement plan for legacy applications and adoption of a micro-based containerized cloud environment. We encourage our people to create, explore and be adventurous whilst taking measured risk, adopting safe practices to protect the firm. Data lineage and optimization is core to how we develop our eco system. We are growing our capabilities using artificial intelligence, natural language processing and machine learning.
Our roles entail ensuring we operate in a robust control environment, whilst in a fast-paced workplace. We comply with global regulations and internal policies and adopt a proactive approach to identifying opportunities to reduce risk through the continuous evaluation of our controls; to protect our clients, the firm and our reputation.
We work closely with our external global peers, partners and regulators, and play an integral part in leading an agenda at the forefront to optimize and streamline processes, and drive strategy across our industry.
- Overseeing and leading daily core operations for the Income & Expense Operations team supporting brokerage receivable function while maintaining a culture and environment where processes, risks and controls are continually monitored, and potential risks escalated on a timely basis as well as acting as a senior point of escalation
- Delivery and maintenance of an effective control framework that fully meets Audit, Compliance and Regulatory requirements; delivery of periodic presentations to external regulators as required
- Ensuring the infrastructure and tools are in place to effectively manage risk and service our clients to a high standard
- Create technology solutions and work in agile partnerships to accelerate successful technology and transformation delivery
- Implementing a successful People and Engagement strategy to help attract, develop, retain and recognize a diverse and talented global workforce
- Promoting a culture of continuous improvement and cultivating a robust service and control environment
- Engaging with and leading our People. Developing effective and diverse teams across a global footprint
- Coaching and mentoring our People. Ensuring effective one to one discussions. Providing direction, feedback, support, and encouragement for career development
- Championing diversity and inclusion to create a working environment which allows our People to thrive and excel
Qualifications and Skills
- BS/BA degree or equivalent work experience preferred
- 5+ years of experience in Tier 1 global financial institutions
- Experience contributing to strategic change programs in a fast paced, large global financial services firm, ideally in an operations organisation
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive; a leader who can positively and productively add product impact to both strategic and tactical technology
- Strong, influential communicator who is articulate and concise, demonstrated success interacting with senior management across functional Operations, Business and Technology environments
- Strong risk management and control mindset
- Provides evaluative judgment based on analysis of factual information in complicated, unique and dynamic situations drawing on stakeholder network
- Self-reliant, good problem solver, results oriented
- Demonstrated process improvement and leadership experience required
- Ability to establish and build trust with a wide range of stakeholders among peers including internal and external stakeholders
- Strong awareness of both external and internal best practice perspectives, maintaining a balanced and fresh viewpoint.
- Ability to conceptualize aspects of the organization’s model and its future development
Job Family Group:Operations - Services
Job Family:Reference Data Management
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs