TTS O&T Sanctions Risk/Controls Manager – VP
Purpose of the Role
Treasury and Trade Solutions (TTS) is a market leading, award-winning provider of cash management, cards and trade, solutions to financial institutions, public sector and corporate clients around the world. With a global network spanning 90+ countries, we are uniquely qualified to service clients with local and cross-border interests and provide integrated reporting and management. The TTS Sanctions O&T is a newly created function supporting Sanctions processes globally across Citi’s TTS business. This function strives to a) Make Sanctions processes a Competitive Advantage ; (b) Drive efficient, agile technology and processes (c) Full compliance to strategic operating model across TTS lines of business (d) Build strong risk / controls focus, ensure minimal surprises and (e) Deliver on all targeted improvement programs
This role serves as a TTS O&T manager responsible for executing internal strategies and plans to ensure TTS Operations complies with policies, processes, and programs to comply with Citi policies on Sanctions, prevent violations of law, rule, or regulation through design and follow-through of a governance framework that maintains risk levels within the firm's risk appetite. The incumbent will engage with the TTS Operations and Technology Seniors on sanctions matters including but not limited to identification of training needs, ensuring consistency and delivery of effective training to staff, management of issues including Corrective Action Plans. Additional coverage responsibilities include initiatives on data analytics & reporting of sanctions metrics, proactive identification of client pain points by utilizing data, solutions that can improve client delivery across the all LOBs, namely Payments and Receivables, Trade, Commercial Cards and Account Services in 90+ countries globally.
- Maintaining a strong control and compliance environment throughout the TTS O&T organization that can rapidly adapt to changes in the regulatory and compliance environment
- Assist in the design, development, delivery and maintenance of best-in-class policy governance framework for TTS O&T which ensures consistent compliance of all procedures, remediation activities and new products with Citi sanctions policies and programs.
- Proactively raising issues and addressing all TTS O&T issues completely and in a timely manner through the drafting, implementation and tracking of relevant Corrective Action Plans (CAPs).
- Maintaining permanent controls readiness and obtaining satisfactory audit ratings across all auditable O&T entities and contributing to successful audits for businesses and functions that rely on O&T as an enabler.
- Minimizing compliance related issues through proactive risk and control processes (e.g. lessons learnt mechanism, review of processes etc.).
- Establishing and maintaining a data analytics program to achieve the below:
Identify areas to increase efficiency and automation of processes Set up and maintain automated data processes Identify, evaluate and implement external services and tools to support data validation and cleansing Produce and track key performance indicators Develop and support reporting processes Monitor and audit data quality Liaise with internal stakeholders to fully understand data content Design and carry out surveys and analyse survey data Manipulate, analyze and interpret complex data sets relating to the TTS business Prepare reports for internal and external audiences using business analytics reporting tools Mine and analyze large datasets and draw valid and insightful inferences. Create data dashboards, graphs and visualizations and present them successfully to management using interactive reporting tools
- Identifying training needs, development and administration of sanctions training for TTS O&T Teams globally.
- Preparing clear and concise bulletins related to compliance matters and updates on compliance projects for TTS O&T Teams
Education level and/or relevant experience(s)
- Experience with risk and controls or analyzing high volume of transactional data, technology innovation or change projects in any industry; experience with influencing cross functional teams, experience in handling policies, issues and remediation
- 8+ years of relevant regional and/or global experience in a financial institution
- A Bachelor’s agree in any subject would be preferred
- An advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA) OR certification / diploma in data science OR compliance would be a plus
Knowledge and skills
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize information, prioritize business goals and drive results with a high sense of urgency.
- Proven Analytical ability. Pragmatic problem solver, forward thinker with independence of thought.
- The ability to analyze, model, interpret data, solve problems by adopting a methodical and logical approach
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and written/verbal communications skills
- Ability to work under pressure and manage tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated success in driving and implementing process excellence
- Demonstrable ability to interact with senior management and clients
- Proven ability to meet new challenges, assimilate new information and to influence people through maturity of approach
- Demonstrated success in Change Management / Process Re-engineering
- Extensive experience in preparing and delivering senior executive-level presentations, superior Microsoft Office (MS PowerPoint and MS Excel) expertise including demonstrated capabilities with pivot tables and complex formulas.
Job Family Group:Operations - Transaction Services
Job Family:Cash Management
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs