TTS In Business Fraud Risk Officer – Director
The TTS In Business Fraud Risk Officer has the responsibility to establish a robust framework that enables effective fraud risk and controls for Treasury and Trade Solutions (TTS) supporting the business objectives and are aligned to the Citi Fraud Risk Policy and Standards. The fraud risk officer works closely with TTS product managers, Regional In Business Risk, Operations (including Operations Fraud Risk Management Officers), Technology, TTS Cyber Risk Head, ICG Fraud Risk and second line partners (ORM – GIFR, Legal, Risk, ICRM). This includes assessing and providing objective views on fraud risks, controls, and trends, and advising and guiding the business on fraud risks.
Fraud Risk and Controls Governance
- Maintain an updated TTS Fraud Risk and Control Program reducing the severity of residual fraud risk aligned TTS’ strategic objectives and ensuring compliance with Citi’s Fraud Risk Management Policy and Fraud Risk Management Standards.
- Represent the Business on fraud risk and control matters, and maintain oversight over emerging and existing key risks, issues, control weaknesses, control processes, corrective actions, control validations, and control enhancement initiatives.
- Participate in relevant risk and control committees, management meetings, and forums (e.g. NPAC, SIRR, FOCs, etc…) to represent the fraud risk and control aspects of TTS.
Risk Identification, Analysis, and Management
- Work with Regional and Product In Business Control and FRMO’s to identify, quantify, prioritize, and report key risks and vulnerabilities and document lessons learned reports.
- Provide fraud risk and control advice and guidance.
- Lead and support the root cause analysis of material risk events and control breaks and establish an effective feedback loop with country teams and regional/global business and control management.
- Assess, evaluate, and validate controls through processes and tools such as the MCA and Key Risk Indicators (KRIs), and work with the process owners to develop action plans that remediate the weaknesses.
- Review and provide guidance on Product Approval Programs to ensure identified inherent risks have been appropriately mitigated and residual risk is within Risk Appetite and acceptable with business strategy.
Standards and Procedures Coordination
- Support the product heads and functions on gap analysis and the implementation of global policy requirements and regional standards, and on the assessment of legal and regulatory requirements with Country Legal and Compliance as well as the development of local procedures.
- Coordinate periodic reviews of the Business’s processes and controls, and validate changes as a result of such reviews.
- Track and review deviations and risk acceptances when raised and at the time of renewal to assess the need for deviations, and ascertain that the business have implemented and documented effective compensating controls.
Issue Escalation and Socialization
- Follow Escalation Policy and procedures to ensure effective escalation and socialization of material risk events and issues
- Lead and support root cause analysis, trending, and lessons learned as per Lessons Learned Policy and procedures
New Product and Business Practice Reviews
- Perform new product risk and control reviews, and provide approvals through appropriate forums (e.g. New Product Approval Committee).
- Analyze new product issues and draft lessons learned to prevent recurrence.
Issue management and Corrective Action Plan (CAP) Management, Coordination and Escalation
- Track issue and CAP status and progress, and proactively escalate as
- Review and document management-raised issues and CAPs in the iCAPs system (while ownership for the issues and CAPs remains with the Business and Function Heads), including compensating controls and the Issues Being Addressed by Management (IBAM) checklist.
- Validate completed CAPs in the iCAPs system prior to validation by other control and assessment functions such as Internal Audit and ORM.
Audits, Franchise Reviews and Regulatory Examination Management: Support the Business and functions on reviews and audits
‘Deep Dive’ Reviews: Participate and coordinate process deep dives and analysis, and report on issues and recommendations. Provide support for the implementation of process enhancements, control improvements, and best practices
Training and Awareness: Perform training on fraud risk and control concepts, processes, tools, and on effective issue self-identification and testing. Customize global and regional training programs to cater for product or business specific aspects.
- 10+ year experience in risk management with a focus on operational risk and controls
- Minimum three years in an Internal Audit, Risk Management, or Control Management-Fraud related roles.
- Knowledge of TTS business and products
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills required.
- Demonstrated sound business judgment. Proven track record in risk and control oversight (including significant experience in identifying risks, control issues, implementing corrective actions and best practices). Track record leading Control related projects and programs.
- Ability to lead and drive controls across the products and functions irrespective of reporting lines
- Proven leadership skills as well as people and team building skills
- Risk-based thinking and analytical mindset
- Self-starter who can work independently
- Ability to multi-task and manage concurrent projects and deliverables
- Bachelor’s/University degree or equivalent experience, potentially Masters degree
Job Family Group:Risk Management
Job Family:Business Risk & Controls
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Effective November 1, 2021, Citi requires that all successful applicants for positions located in the United States or Puerto Rico be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccination prior to commencement of employment.
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 95 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs