SVP, Global Functions Technology Chief of Staff - Tampa - C14 - R2034710
The Chief of Staff function is part of the Global Functions Technology (GFT) Business Office. The role serves as a strategic advisor and counsel to the leader within GFT that they support. Chief of Staff support the delivery of the group’s strategic programs and organization, as well as keeping senior clients and stakeholders informed on day to day activities of the operations. This is achieved through driving activities to meet strategic organizational goals and managing the many tasks that are critical to the efficient and effective operation of the application support function. They are responsible for helping executive leaders manage change and translate the strategic vision to their teams and internal partners, stakeholders and employees. They help achieve integrated organizational goals by defining objectives, measures and protocols, providing the vision and ensuring plans are aligned, facilitating collaboration, and monitoring progress.
- Drive administrative, operational, reporting and quality improvements through partnership with internal teams.
- Manage financial control by applying a comprehensive understanding of the department Profit & Loss (P&L), including appropriate accruals, client allocations, the impact of capitalization, recovery and fixed price contracts in order to improve operational efficiency and productivity.
- Responsible for all cross product technology, regulatory and administrative duties in conjunction with the team, including financial, staffing, quality, risk and regulatory matters.
- Execute vendor management activities, including ensuring legal requirements are met and coordinating contract negotiation and processing.
- Provide oversight of the Business Critical Milestone Reporting process and other reporting processes to ensure quality, efficiency and accuracy.
- Ensure headcount is accurate, real estate is inventoried and planned, and onboarding and termination of resources are managed.
- Work with Technology leadership to support the Business People strategy as well as the Communication strategy for the Business Function.
- Enhance and monitor business management routines and disciplines for your team’s compliance with corporate policies.
- Conduct analyses to drive further insights and promote continuous process improvement to best practices for the team.
- Work with Business Managers to ensure clear and timely reporting of new and emerging business management issues to senior management.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- Other administrative duties and ad hoc projects, as necessary
- Liaise with Finance, Technology, Risk and Control, PMO, HR, Vendor Management and other Business Office teams to build and maintain the appropriate supporting infrastructure for business management.
8+ years of experience in global and complex settings with multiple stakeholders.
8+ years leading technical people/projects with demonstrated success of strong leadership and communication skills.
6+ years’ experience in financial analysis and reporting, preferably in a technology or software development organization.
5+ years’ experience within technology or software development organization
5+ years’ experience with vendor financial management (candidate should be experience in program budgeting, expense tracking)
5+ years’ experience in Project Management
Chief of Staff, Business Manager or Financial analyst experience in financial markets preferred
Negotiating skills, demonstrated collaborative and consensus building strengths.
Strategic and analytical thinker who can analyze technical data to make appropriate process/business decisions/recommendations and shape business strategy.
Demonstrated experience making technical presentations to all levels of management across the organization in both small and large settings.
Strong communication (verbal/written) skills, with an ability to manage internal and external relationships up to senior levels of management.
Proficient in engaging and influencing large technical teams and executive leaders.
Experience managing confidential data.
Strong Resource Management skills with global teams
Strong leadership, interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
Excellent Analytical skills.
Excellent Microsoft Office skills in Excel, Access, PowerPoint.
Strong team player and work effectively in a matrix organization.
Proven ability to work in high-pressure environments
Consistently demonstrate clear and concise written and verbal communication
Able to adapt quickly to new tools and processes.
Bachelor's degree/University degree or equivalent experience
Job Family Group:Business Strategy, Management & Administration
Job Family:Business Management
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs