Senior Project Manager -Hybrid
This position is in the PBWM Sanctions and Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Program Management Office (PMO) working on the GCB AML Project Management team. The KYC program is designed to support an enterprise-wide global KYC platform and Program supporting a global operating model and consistent structure for program execution across Businesses and Client types.
The primary responsibility of the person in this role will be as a Project Manager (PM) providing Project Management leadership to assist with the Sanctions and AML Program implementations and related project management work across Consumer Bank businesses. This position will provide strategic project direction and facilitation across the subject work streams, including planning, methods and tools, communications, issue escalation and resolution, progress tracking and reporting as well as directly leading programs that do not fit within the specific work streams. The PM will be responsible to work with global business teams and partners to support implementation planning and execution of the program projects that are short, medium and long term in nature.
The individual will be responsible for assisting in the completion of deliverables that are required as part of the PBWM program book of work. The person will coordinate activities with business leads and regional AML Business Representatives and their delegates to ensure consistent and timely implementation of the AML Program deliverables. The PM will take part in conducting an ongoing analysis necessary for prioritization of implementation releases based on business capabilities, risk-based analysis and local legal restrictions. The person will be called upon to participate in discussions to shape the most efficient processes for the business while meeting regulatory requirements.
· Responsible for managing project activities and tracking across various work streams and providing leadership support through planning, organizing, coordinating, and monitoring implementation activities.
· Responsible for organizing project activities providing leadership through planning, coordinating, and monitoring implementation activities.
· Assists in the development of the master project schedule and all other project work plans.
· Reviews deliverables, plans and oversees day-to-day activities and tracking.
· Partners with region and country AML business leads to support start-up of business-led projects at regional and country levels.
· Insures quality in plans, and that project plans have detailed breakdown of activities and milestones.
· Demonstrating strong understanding of the projects' interdependencies, key participants and identifying staffing needs for UAT, training, and implementation.
· Manage implementation strategy, organizational change management, strategy execution and production support
· Anticipates program release problems and takes corrective action, escalating as needed, to resolve and achieve commitments to assure the viability, functionality and effectiveness of essential tools.
· Drives work stream requirements, communication and reporting for senior management and stakeholders.
· Translates consumer commitments to business specific needs supported by fully documented plans.
· Works with AML Business partners on the local application and requirements to ensure that regulators requirements are met and that Citi is able to meet customer needs
· Ensures consistent implementation of methodology, tools, and reporting at country, regional, global level according to GAML PMO standards.
· Works with AML business leaders in the creation of project management framework / infrastructure at global and regional level to be able to follow up the program progress and to be able to timely act on issues.
·Analyzes global compliance proposals to enhance our AML program, ensuring that business continues to be efficient and proposals are feasible to be implemented.
· Collaborates with business partners and global stakeholders to drive cross-work stream escalation and issue resolution
· Bachelors degree required; Masters degree preferred
· 3+ years of broad and comprehensive knowledge of project management or relevant work experience.
· Position requires strong understanding of AML Regulations including the Bank Secrecy Act and the US Patriot Act coupled with excellent analytical skills (quantitative and qualitative) and the ability to interpret regulatory requirements for a board range of Consumer and Corporate Banking Businesses.
· Experience with regulatory programs, involving operations, technology, compliance and the business
· Experience with PMO function and program reporting
· Highly intellectual in character requiring exercise of discretion and judgment related to regulatory recommendations, Global AML PMO standards, business capabilities and local legal restrictions.
· Must be able to execute the defined standards, must be able to work with multi-disciplinary teams from different regions to implement initiatives at regional and country level
· Significant knowledge and expertise of AML regulations, and Consumer Banking Businesses.
· Position requires a global mindset. The candidate must have excellent communication skills, both written and oral, be comfortable interfacing with businesses across regions, across sectors and senior level management.
· Must be able to negotiate changes to proposals made by senior people of global, regional and country teams.
· Must be able to lead initiatives with cross functional teams across the world
· The person should be able to influence senior cross functional teams that do not report to them.
· Leads and executes under pressure, many of the projects will have very tight timelines.
· Has to be able to lead global projects that require very detailed analysis due to the impact to the businesses.
•Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written and strong ability to communicate effectively with Senior Management.
•Strong interpersonal skills, particularly with people from different geographies and cultures.
•Excellent analytical skills (quantitative and qualitative) and problem solving ability.
•Ability to work with limited supervision.
•Highly intellectual in character requiring exercise of discretion and judgment
•Must be able to sift through complexity and see issues clearly. Must have analytical inquisitiveness and problem solving ability; an ability to ask insightful questions, break analytical challenges into workable components and draw meaningful conclusions.
•Must be persuasive and capable of working in groups. Ability to collaborate with others to achieve objectives: leverage other people's skills and expertise
•Should be able to work to extended and variable working hours due to global time zone variances.
•Must be able to execute under pressure and within very tight timelines.
Job Family Group:Project and Program Management
Job Family:Project Management
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Effective November 1, 2021, Citi requires that all successful applicants for positions located in the United States or Puerto Rico be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccination prior to commencement of employment.
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 95 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs