Sanctions Screening Level 2 Analyst - LATAM (C09)
Review and disposition of Alerts generated through the screening of transactions and customers (NTB and existing/maintenance) against the Sanctions List issued by the regulators. The position has decision-making over escalation/closure of cases. Serves as a senior operations analyst for CSC Cash Operations for Latam responsible for enforcing internal strategies, policies, procedures, processes related to monitoring and escalation of sanctions alerts and regulatory requirements that Citi must comply with. The position must also assess related sanctions risk exposure, overseeing the quality of sanctions control processes and enforcing that all processes/geographies comply with global standards and ensure those sanctions risks are properly managed and mitigated in order to protect the franchise. In addition, provides support for the collation of potential breaches of sanctions from across the firm and work with contacts in the Business and Compliance to ensure consistent and effective application and implementation of, and controls to evidence adherence to, relevant sanctions related global standards, policies and procedures.
- Analyzing alerts and investigating customers/transactions with Sanction Screening list during the account opening, before a transaction is processed or received and/or during account maintenance.
- Conduct alert investigation using global standard policies, procedures and tools aimed at meeting internal and external regulatory requirements. As a result of the investigation, report unusual client activities that might be related to sanctioned individuals, money laundering or terrorist financing.
- Conducting searches, gathering data and recording evidence from internal systems, the internet, commercial databases and enquiry with business or Compliance contacts within the organization.
- Accumulating facts from investigations that will be utilized for Senior Management presentations, Compliance, Internal Audit or any other related stakeholder to determine the compliance of a customer/transaction with Citi and regulation policies.
- Analyzing comparative data and preparing regional and global reports related to sanctions risk assessments, and monitoring of sanctions related issues and escalations.
- Ensure that all alert analysis and investigations are performed within timeframe provided in the policy and stipulated in the SLA’s with the countries.
- Monitoring adherence to Citi’s Global Sanctions Policy and relevant procedures; staying current on key Sanctions regulatory changes, key enforcement actions and related industry trends.
- Interacting with relevant teams to raise awareness of Sanctions trends, emerging issues, remedial actions or enhancements to the program.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Making recommendations to the design and maintenance of a comprehensive written Operations Sanctions Framework (procedures and policies).
- Identifying and escalating material risks and significant instances of not adherence to the Framework by accountable front line units; directing investigations in coordination with Regional/Local Ops, ICRM, CSIS, Legal, HR, or as appropriate.
- Overseeing adherence to procedures and processes, to ensure compliance with policies ensuring that front line units meet required standards
- Supporting efforts in connection Internal Audit and functional regulators in Program exams and evaluations; tracks and challenges remedial actions from the front line units.
- Editing sanctions-related reference materials; supporting the various electronic record-keeping logs for sanctions licenses, voluntary disclosures; subpoenas etc.; participating in sanctions training
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving techniques.
- Knowledge of AML and Sanctions regulations, risks and typologies
- Knowledge of Compliance laws, rules, regulations, risks and typologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Bi-lingual skills (English and Spanish) required, Portuguese language skills a plus.
- Must be a self-starter, flexible, innovative and adaptive
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively and with people at all levels of the organization
- Strong project management and organizational skills and capability to handle multiple projects at one time
- Proficient in MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- 3 years of banking experience
- Experience in Compliance, Legal or other control-related function in the financial services firm, regulatory organization, or legal/consulting firm, or a combination thereof.
- Bachelor’s degree/University degree or equivalent experience
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Job Family Group:Operations - Transaction Services
Job Family:Transaction Capture Services
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs