Private Bank Client Reporting Operations – Operational Controls & Project Management, VP
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition explain what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress.
We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards are a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
The North American/Latin American (NAM/LATAM) Client Reporting Group is responsible for the quality of Financial and Demographic Data that is viewed by internal and external clients via the Private Banks online client applications as well as through various reporting mediums.
The group works closely with the Banking and Product teams, Investment Counselors, Portfolio Managers, Operations, Technology, and other Global Client Reporting teams.
The Client Reporting Operations Specialist will report to our Head of Client Reporting for NAM/LATAM and will work to support the overall function of the NAM/LATAM Client Reporting Group.
Additionally, this role is a Ref Data Mgmt Lead Analyst. This individual is a strategic professional who stays abreast of developments within own field and contributes to directional strategy by considering their application in own job and the business. Recognized technical authority for an area within the business. Requires basic commercial awareness. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers. Significant impact on the area through complex deliverables. Provides advice and counsel related to the technology or operations of the business. Work impacts an entire area, which eventually affects the overall performance and effectiveness of the sub-function/job family.
The NAM/LATAM Client Reporting Group provides support in the following areas:
- Financial Data Reconciliation
- Investment Performance Measurement/Analysis
- Quality Assurance over Legal Statements, Investment Reporting, Advice/Confirm generation and other various client reporting
- Benchmarking and Investment fund analytics such as pricing and returns
Key responsibilities include:
- Collaborate and lead efforts to drive process improvements, reducing manual touchpoints and time to execution
- Participate in and lead efforts to ensure team structure and work flow execution is managed in a lean and efficient manner
- Identify and Investigate issues related to the processing of financial transactions including investment securities and performance calculation errors
- Provide support and develop yourself as a subject matter expert on more complex day to day issues
- Aide in the review and enhancement of our quality control environment
- Detail-Oriented and able to demonstrate ability to multi task and produce high quality, accurate work
- Client oriented mindset
- Ability to understand and follow financial data processing lineage
- Ability to operate efficiently in a time sensitive manner
- Assist department head on various projects and task
- May be involved in coaching and training of new recruits
- Manages complex and highly varying issues with significant potential impact on multiple operations' areas. Individuals at this level may manage a department, product or process with a large amount of independence.
- Lead projects, resolves escalated operations' issues and/ or offer solutions at an advanced level.
- Liaises with multiple Operations teams/departments.
- Serves as analytical and/or procedural expert, representing a unit or team on cross functional processes or project deliverables.
- Stays abreast of the organization's operational procedures and best practices in business strategy and process/quality improvements; using such knowledge to recommend customized business solutions to internal clients.
- Serves as subject matter expert in business, planning and analysis for operations area supported.
- Acts as advisor or coach to new or lower level personnel on operational processes/procedures across multiple functions and/or departments.
- Provides in-depth and sophisticated analysis with interpretive thinking to define problems, develop innovative solutions, and streamline operational processes.
- Responsible managing overall resource management and allocation of work for assigned operations area for multiple teams/projects.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
Qualification for position
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in areas of Finance/Economics
- A minimum of 10 years of related experience in the Financial Services Industry
- Strong Investment and Banking Product knowledge
- Experience leading streamlining efforts, metrics capture, and structure around data quality operations
- Ability to proactively identify and resolve complex financial data integrity issues
- Experience managing efforts across lines of business and globally
- Champions progress, Works as a Partner, Drives Value for Clients, Delivers Results
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills, both oral and written
- Experience working directly with institutional or ultra-high net worth clients
- Experience in policy adherence, control effectiveness, and open communication
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills
- Organized and able to lead projects
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, Visio, Outlook.
- Experience in working with Tableau, Power-Bi, QLIKview or other dashboard applications a benefit
- Experience working with Investment Performance measurement would be a benefit
- Knowledge/Understanding of securities settlements a plus
Job Family Group:Operations - Services
Job Family:Reference Data Management
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Effective November 1, 2021, Citi requires that all successful applicants for positions located in the United States or Puerto Rico be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccination prior to commencement of employment.
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 95 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs