Operations &Technology Risk Officer -Evergreen
As a bank with a brain and a soul, Citi creates economic value that is systemically responsible and in our clients’ best interests. As a financial institution that touches every region of the world and every sector that shapes your daily life, our Enterprise Operations & Technology teams are charged with a mission that rivals any large tech company. Our technology solutions are the foundations of everything we do. We keep the bank safe and provide the technical tools our workers need to be successful. We design our digital architecture and ensure our platforms provide a first-class customer experience. Our operations teams manage risk, resources, and program management. We focus on enterprise resiliency and business continuity. We develop, coordinate, and execute strategic operational plans. Essentially, Enterprise Operations & Technology re-engineers client and partner processes to deliver excellence through secure, reliable, and controlled services.
Citi’s Chief Operating Office is comprised of O&T Risk and Control, the Resource Management Organization, Enterprise Resiliency, Global Program Management Office, Chief Information Officer Council Governance, Enterprise Tools & Reporting, and the Chiefs of Staff teams. The Chief Operations Office organization develops and executes Enterprise Operations & Technology strategic and operational plans, as well as provides central coordination of all business office functions.
Operations &Technology Risk and Control (OTRC) seeks to identify and mitigate risks that arise from the execution of activities which Operations & Technology (O&T) is responsible for or engaged in. The OTRC organization has implemented and continues to enhance a set of capabilities to manage risks within O&T, to drive key risk programs, and to support the safety and soundness of Citi's operations globally.
Our commitment to diversity includes a workforce that represents the clients we serve globally from all walks of life, backgrounds, and origins. We foster an environment where the best people want to work. We value and demand respect for others, promote individuals based on merit, and ensure opportunities for personal development are widely available to all. Ideal candidates are innovators with well-rounded backgrounds who bring their authentic selves to work and complement our culture of delivering results with pride. If you are a problem solver who seeks passion in your work, come join us. We’ll enable growth and progress together.
O&T Risk Officer
The O&T Risk Officer is a strategic professional who stays abreast of developments within their field and contributes to supporting the safety and soundness of Citi by considering the relevance to their own job and the business. They are recognized as a risk authority who is a business subject matter expert who provides advice and counsel related to the operations and technology of the business.
- Establish and oversee the application of operational risk policies, technology and tools, and governance processes to create lasting solutions for identifying, measuring, and mitigating risk and minimizing losses from inadequate processes / controls and emerging risks
- Partner with the business to analyze processes, controls, issue root causes, and Operational Risk Event trends and themes proactively identifying risks and opportunities to strengthen processes and controls, mitigate risk, and drive continuous improvement
- Challenge the business on the details of the processes, controls, issues, incidents, observations, and recommendations to ensure that potential business risks or thematic risks are transparently reported and addressed within the Risk Management Process
- Analyze scorecards and issue / performance management tools to mitigate risk and validate that corrective actions are embedded in the processes and controls
- Develop and maintain relationships across the business inclusive of other risk teams and second / third line partners to better understand changes in the internal and external business environment, so the unique needs and risks associated with O&T can be escalated to senior management and other teams
- Assess risk with consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding of Citigroup and its clients’ assets / data, when business decisions are made
- 6 to 8 years of relevant experience
- General understanding of relevant banking regulation and supervisory expectations for large complex financial institutions
- Strong proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- 5+ years of experience in Financial Services Operational Risk Management or Audit roles
- Bachelor’s / University degree or equivalent relevant business experience preferred
- Demonstrate leadership skills that include working in collaboration across large organizations with multi location team structure to drive positive and sustained change, including a proactive and 'no surprises' approach in communicating issues / requests
- Possess effective verbal and written communication skills to create and assist in the delivery of analyses, executive summaries, senior management presentations, and business / process requirements that highlight opportunities to improve O&T processes and controls
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically / analytically and creatively problem solve
- Continuous improvement mind-set of assessing impact of actions and adjusting as needed; simplifying and standardizing processes at every opportunity
- Understand how your work contributes to other work across Citi and the downstream impacts of decisions made
- Proactively seek opportunities to enhance and strengthen infrastructure and controls in a way that drives value, enables the build of better product and services, and balances risks and returns / growth
- Seek out diverse perspectives and skill sets recognizing that the power of Citi is the sum of its parts
- Constructively challenge others at all levels and across teams to deliver better results; invite challenge
- Comfortable communicating reality – both positive and negative - honestly, openly, and directly
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments, and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.
Job Family Group:Risk Management
Job Family:Risk Exposure Monitoring & Management
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs