Operational Risk VP – Enterprise Technology
The Operational Risk Management (ORM) Group at Citi is the firms reliable second set of eyes. Our mission is to drive comprehensive and consistent practices designed to identify, measure, monitor, report and manage operational risks while promoting the implementation of actions to address root causes, which may lead to unintended operational losses. The ORM Technology and Cyber (ORM T/C) team provides the specialist subject matter experts to challenge Enterprise, Infrastructure, Operations and Technology entities across the firm. We are the technology and cyber conscious of the bank. In line with the ORM framework, we aim to ensure that the internal controls that are designed to mitigate technology and cyber risks are managed, mitigated and aligned with our risk appetite.
The Enterprise Tech/Cyber risk function is responsible to influence, challenge, and provide oversight to the first line of defense. The Operational Risk VP - Enterprise Technology is part of the Second Line function providing oversight including influencing, and challenging the First Line on risks with Enterprise Technology including platforms and applications, standards and procedures, Private Cloud, reference data, observability, Infrastructure Policy As Code, and Inventory Orchestration. Oversight areas includes, but is not limited to, governance, identification of risks, developing remediation strategies, and influencing the strategy and execution of the program. This position will be actively working with the ORM Business and Regional teams to provide subject matter expertise and align the oversight and challenge activities with the components of the operational risk management framework.
The objective of the Operational Risk VP – Enterprise Technology is to reduce operational losses while enabling the objectives of the program at Citi, through front ending the initiatives in firm regarding enterprise application standards, reference data and application services, identify operational risks and recommend mitigations.
The role will leverage subject matter expertise, business experience, data analysis techniques, current events, and industry trends and best practices to inform the prioritization of risks and the second-line’s approach for associated challenge and influence activities. The role will engage business and technology risk managers and process owners, and analyze technology risk and control data, to perform independent risk reviews from a global perspective.
The candidate must bring expertise in technology and cyber risk to set and drive high standards; perspective that fosters risk identification and mitigation techniques, and a commitment to transparency and learning that build a strong risk culture. The expected result is to help protect the firm and its reputation while enabling progress.
The role will be responsible for building engagement with key stakeholders, anticipating, challenging, and mitigating risks that could affect business objectives.
· Identification of risks with Enterprise Technologies, platforms, applications, and developer experience.
· Identification of risks and assessment of Infrastructure as code, and Policy as code
· Challenge and influence enterprise platforms activities including standards and procedures
· Provide oversight and challenge as enterprise reference data for inventory and other services evolves
· Understand, influence, and challenge as inventory orchestration and automation matures.
The Operational Risk VP – Enterprise Technology will have over 5 years of technical experience in technology including infrastructure, private cloud, Risk and controls within globally complex, dispersed and diverse organizations.
More specific experience, knowledge and skills are outlined below:
• Experience with enterprise technology architecture as a holistic structure that includes people, process, and technology components combined to achieve business goals for automation.
• Experience with enterprise technologies including infrastructure, and private cloud
• Knowledge/experience in risk assessment and measurement of enterprise application services, and database management systems
• Strong experience with creating or influencing inventory architecture for an enterprise including data, technology, and processes
• Knowledge of system, software, and security/software development lifecycle including their risk identification, and assessments
• Strong experience leading operational risk reviews including identification of potential issues, and coordination with various teams including leadership
• Ability to interact with and influence people/groups of widely varying disciplines and backgrounds.
• Strong presentation skills: able to use data to tell a clear, compelling story
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Builds partnerships across functions and regions; collaborates well with others.
• The role is global, and the incumbent must be proactive and capable of leading solutions to global issues with others in different regions and time zones.
• The successful candidate will need to be a hands-on, self-starter, and able to manage tasks/timelines for self and others.
Job Family Group:Risk Management
Job Family:Operational Risk
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs