Operational Risk Group Manager- SVP
Citi, the world leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and a presence in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions worldwide. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Citi enables clients to achieve their strategic financial objectives by providing them with cutting-edge ideas, best-in-class products and solutions, and unparalleled access to capital and liquidity.
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading a team of professional Line Control Officers supporting Securities Service Operations. The role requires a comprehensive understanding of Operational Risk Management and Securities Operations area. Partnering with the Operations team, the role holder will have responsibility for managing other Control Officers and for identification and addressing key control issues within the supporting area. Product coverage includes Custody, Funds Services , Middle Office and Issuer Services for Operations in LATAM. The successful candidate will work closely with teams across the globe and support global controls initiatives across when required.
The role requires excellent communication skills in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior level. Some external communication may be necessary.
Successful candidate will be accountable for the end results of an area.
Exercises control over resources, policy formulation and planning. Involved in short- to medium-term planning of actions and resources for own area. Full management responsibility of a team or multiple teams, including management of people, budget and planning, to include performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary actions, terminations and budget approval.
We are a diverse and flexible employer and hiring the best talent is our objective.
Our working landscape is changing and as such we are equally keen to hear from people who would prefer flexible working patterns as people working traditional hours. We are open to flexible working arrangements and work from home opportunities from the outset – you won’t have to “earn” the right to work flexibly with Citi.
If this is something you would consider or even currently do then apply, let us know your preference.
- Establishes and oversees the application of operational risk policies, technology and tools, and governance processes to create lasting solutions for minimizing losses from failed internal processes, inadequate controls, and emerging risks.
- Independently assess risks and drive actions to address the root causes that persistently lead to operational risk losses by challenging both historical and proposed practices.
- Governance and oversight may include (not limited to) technology operational risk and cyber risk.
- Serves as an oversight function working with the In-Business Operational Risk and Independent Risk Teams.
- Drives – Operation Risk Anticipation, Mitigation and Loss Recovery (and respective Recovery Plans).
- Ensures Operation Risk Policy implementation and exception approvals.
- Informs Operational Risk Council on Sub-Segment Level OR related matters.
- Attends In Business Risk Committees.
- Leads- oversees the Management Control Assessment process, including Annual Risk Assessment, monitoring methodologies and KRIs thresholds.
- Liaises with Business ORM on breaches and action steps to correct breaches.
- Communicates and Escalates breaches in KRCIs at the Segment Level.
- Works on T-10 (deep dive – root cause analysis) with support of In-Business ORM and drive corrective actions.
- Exports best practices and common risk, controls and corrective actions through Framework Papers.
- Ensures that Citi wide KORs and KRCIs are communicated and understood by Businesses.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- Conducting thematic reviews of Significant Control Events, participate in projects and control initiatives.
- Bachelor’s/University degree, Master’s degree preferred.
- Significant experience in Operational Risk is a must. Other risk and control disciplines would be a plus – credit, and market.
- A broad understanding of the Securities Services Operations, especially Custody & Issuer business coupled with demonstrable experience in Audit / Controls related functions would be advantageous.
- Experience in Internal Audit or Financial Control would be desirable.
- Expertise in the following would be beneficial: Fraud Awareness and Risk Management Operations and Systems (Information Security Standards, Vendor/Outsourcing Management and MCA Legal and Regulatory Compliance Management of a global operations and a complex environment that includes global teams.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal & written.
- Confident in ability to achieve objectives by working with and influencing others those who are not under their direct control.
- Ability to question the status quo.
- Team player, highly motivated.
- Fluent English and Spanish
- Work in a challenging area of the financial industry with one of the world's leading companies with exposure to variety of products, processes and controls
- Cooperation with a high quality, international, multicultural and global team
- Work in a friendly and diversified environment, appreciating differences in style and perspective and using them to add value to decisions leading to organizational success
- Management supporting balanced and agile work (flexible working hours, home office)
- Attractive benefits package (Benefit System, medical care, pension plan etc.)
- A chance to make a difference with various affinity networks and charity initiatives
Job Family Group:Risk Management
Job Family:Operational Risk
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Effective November 1, 2021, Citi requires that all successful applicants for positions located in the United States or Puerto Rico be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccination prior to commencement of employment.
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 95 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs