Match Your Skills
Search jobs based on your LinkedIn profile.
Analytics & Data Manager - C14Apply Now Locations: Tampa, Florida, Fort Mill, South Carolina, San Antonio, Texas, O'Fallon, Missouri Job Function: Risk Management, Operations & Technology Employee Status: Regular Job ID: 20216676
Citi, the leading global financial services company, has some 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, and wealth management.
Citigold Wealth Management (CWM) provides banking and wealth management services via our Citibank branch-based advisors and centralized service centers. CWM will lead efforts to dramatically expand our personal wealth management capabilities and provide our high net worth clients (defined as $1MM+ Deposits & Investments with Citi) with a robust and differentiated banking & wealth management value proposition.
The Model/Anlys/Valid Group Mgr is accountable for management of complex/critical/large professional disciplinary areas. Leads and directs a team of professionals. Requires a comprehensive understanding of multiple areas within a function and how they interact in order to achieve the objectives of the function. Applies in-depth understanding of the business impact of technical contributions. Strong commercial awareness is a necessity. Generally accountable for delivery of a full range of services to one or more businesses/ geographic regions. Excellent communication skills required in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior level. Some external communication may be necessary. Accountable for the end results of an area. Exercises control over resources, policy formulation and planning. Primarily affects a sub-function. Involved in short- to medium-term planning of actions and resources for own area. Full management responsibility of a team (2) or multiple teams, including management of people, budget and planning, to include performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary actions and terminations and budget approval.
- process/operation efficiencies (where possible) that will enable the business to make rapid decisions against market
- Develops, enhances, and validates the methods of measuring and analyzing risk, for all risk types including market, credit and operational. Also, may develop, validate and strategize uses of scoring models and scoring model related policies.
- Full management responsibility of a team or multiple teams, including management of people, budget and planning, to include performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary actions and terminations and budget approval.
- Develop models and oversee model development, validation, and deployment efforts.
- Advances Risk Management methodology and integrate models into business decisions and planning.
- Manage successful annual quantitative and qualitative assessments and submissions.
- Works with large datasets and complex algorithms to solve data science challenges.
- Leverages big data to develop innovative deployable solutions.
- Help introduce best-in-class, cutting edge Model techniques to drive profitability through innovation.
- Ensures timely model performance tracking, and assist in process automation to drastically improve condition changes
- Ensures the compliance of development and validation of models with respect to internal and external guidelines.
- Supports the development of training curriculum and standards
- Partners with Risk and Decision Management organizations to understand the source of new data and continue to improve the process of defining, extracting and utilizing the new data
- Interacts with senior levels of management to facilitate understanding of usage of risk models and inform critical decisions.
- Provide leadership and guidance for junior modelers.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
Mapping and maintaining data process including list of Data Domains, Data Concepts, and Data Elements including identifying Trusted Sources for each Critical Data Element (CDE) and maintaining the quality/ timeliness of data feeding trusted sources.
• Implementing and maintaining appropriate Data Quality rules and controls for CDEs and identifying & remediating data quality issues
• Documenting and maintaining the system lineage, and for mapping to logical data model, as well as for developing the business glossary.
• Oversee efforts to pull and analyze large data sets in connection with regulatory exams, internal audits, and ad hoc data needs including supervisory capacity planning
• Consults with CBORC organization on design and improvements for Computer Assisted Audit Tools and Techniques (CAATTS)
• Represent the CPWM Regulatory, Management & Supervision organization as Subject Matter Expert for all work streams and projects with a data or technology component, including working with the Compliance Technology team on supervision and surveillance enhancements
- 10+ years experience
- Sound knowledge of statistical modeling concepts and industry best practices; experience with econometric and statistical modeling or application risk scoring.
- Excellent quantitative and analytic skills; ability to derive patterns, trends and insights, and perform risk/reward trade-off analysis.
- Experience with analytical or data manipulation tools (e.g. SAS, SQL, R, C Programming in UNIX) Proficient with MS Office suite.
- Ability to deliver compelling presentations and influence executive audiences.
- Excellent communicator; ability to engage and inspire team forward.
- Ability to drive innovation via thought leadership while maintaining end-to-end view.
- Effective cross-functional project, resource, and stakeholder management; effectively engage with internal audit and external regulators.
- Experience working in Big data environments; Intellectual curiosity to stay abreast of technological advances.
- Bachelor’s/University degree or equivalent experience, potentially Masters degree
Job Family Group:Risk Management
Job Family:Risk Analytics, Modeling, and Validation
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting