Legal Data Management Manager
The Legal Chief Data Office (CDO) is responsible for Legal data and knowledge strategy, architecture, governance, and capabilities across the Global Legal department. As the data and knowledge champions for Legal, the CDO will set the direction and approach to implement effective and best-in-class data and knowledge management frameworks, controls and capabilities for Legal owned data and knowledge assets. As such, the Legal CDO team will be responsible for all aspects of defining and executing strategies for managing, sharing and extracting value from Legal owned Data and Knowledge assets.
The Legal CDO is hiring a senior manager to lead the Legal Data Management function. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Develop the Legal-aligned Data strategy in partnership with ECDO, in particular to meet the specific needs of Legal
- Design and manage the Legal data governance, architecture, standards and taxonomy to be integrated into enterprise and legal solutions and processes
- Drive implementation of data quality strategy and adopt consistent metrics and reporting within Legal in coordination with ECDO targeting the identification of data quality and the risks created and/or business opportunities lost by their existence
- Establish controls, procedures and processes for identifying and remediating all data quality concerns
- Own the resources, tools and processes for the end-to-end management of the Legal Data Management programs
- In partnership with the Citi and GLS Program Management Offices, ensure sound program / project management for entire Data Management project portfolio, including ensuring clear requirements, deliverables and timeframes, timely identification of risks to delivery, identified internal clients / beneficiaries, and a process that ensures accurate milestone reporting and changes.
- Define, implement and adopt the overall data quality strategy for Legal, in line with the ECDO strategy, to advance Legal’s practices related to identification of business needs, reactive data quality (i.e., identify/log/resolve issues promptly following their impact); proactive data quality (i.e., identify/log/resolve issues promptly before they have any impact); and preventative data quality (i.e., prevent data quality issues)
- Help formulate business cases to support investment in data quality management and socialize with key stakeholders
- Coordinate, manage and drive data quality related projects including identifying business requirements, establishing priorities, tracking projects to completion and evaluating results
- Coordinate with ECDO to lead training, communication, and change management to achieve enterprise-wide change associated with data quality initiatives within Legal
- Adopt data quality frameworks and standards as defined by the ECDO; implement policies and procedures to ensure data quality practices are syndicated within their business unit (e.g., data prioritization, data requirements and rules, data contracts)
- Lead appropriate governance forum(s) within Legal unit and represent Legal in ECDO governance forums to drive consensus, conflict resolution, take ownership of getting conflicts resolved and agreement on data quality within Legal
- Monitor and report on data quality within Legal (e.g., define/ gather metrics, developing dashboards, deploying tools) as per the standards defined by ECDO
- Oversee the data quality issue/defect management process within Legal and maintain repository of issues for monitoring and tracking data quality issues
- Help identify all existing tools and processes aimed at identifying, logging, resolving, and managing data quality issues; assist with the selection of best of breed tools/components in line with ECDO standards
- Partner with ECDO and Technology to drive implementation and adoption of tools necessary to build and run effective data quality tools and processes
- Prioritize and drive the integration and adoption of all necessary tools and processes for an effective data quality strategy
- 12+ years of finance and overall business management experience in a complex, financial organization, with particular focus on data quality
- JD preferred but not required; Bachelor’s degree required
- Exceptionally strong interpersonal and communication skills; strong technology skills
- Proven ability to act independently, work quickly and with careful attention to detail, juggle multiple priorities and thrive in a varied, fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to lead across a large, global financial firm
- Proven ability to work well under pressure and within tight deadlines
- Proven ability to communicate effectively, drive consensus, and influence relationships at all levels
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills; sound judgment and demonstrated leadership skills
Job Family Group:Legal
Job Family:Legal Support
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs