Learning & Development Practice Area Lead – Management Development
Citi Learning drives business performance by connecting employees with relevant and innovative learning experiences when and where they need them. Serving as a global center of expertise within Citi Learning, the Leadership and Performance Solutions (LEAPS) team uses innovative social, experiential, virtual and instructor-led learning approaches to build learning solutions that develop leadership capabilities and advance Citi's strategic priorities.
Reporting to the Management Development Practice Area Manager, the Management Developement Practice Area Lead will function as a key member of the LEAPS team, connecting Learning Advisors with tools, content and approaches for developing manager capabilities needed to lead organizations, manage managers, and lead teams. The Management Development Practice Area Lead has an overarching goal of ensuring the sourcing, curation, design, and adoption of best-in-class learning resources and solutions in these areas on behalf of our Learning and HR partners across all Citi products, functional groups and geographies.
- Topic area expertise
- Develop broad understanding of topics related to Management Development, support knowledge management and collaboration across Citi in this space
- Stay current on priority Manager Capability gaps and effective approaches for addressing them across product, functional and geographical groups
- Continuously scan internal and external landscapes for emerging trends
- Stakeholder management and advisory
- Proactively engage Learning Advisors and business sponsors to understand and advise on requirements for strengthening Management Development at Citi
- Cultivate relationships with internal subject matter experts to partner, advise and consult on solution development
- Work closely with colleagues in Citi Learning and other functional teams (e.g., Global Diversity & Talent, Global Public Affairs) to ensure learning resources are featured appropriately in campaigns, pathways and corresponding initiatives
- Build network of peers externally to inform organizational development perspective for strengthening Manager Capability
- Curation and management of learning resources
- Periodically conduct needs assessments, confirming target audience and budget requirements
- Identify and curate learning resources from both internal and external sources. Coordinate ‘experiments’ of new content or development approaches, and maintain ongoing relevance and quality
- Support facilitator development, as needed
- Partner with Learning Implementation Services and the Learner Experience groups to ensure resources are easily available to learners
- Vendor management
- Have clear view of vendor landscape and the opportunities available
- Promote availability of 3rd party Manager Capability resources, defining difference between them and advising on offerings to match needs
- Work closely with procurement to ensure Citi maximizes the commercial opportunities of vendor engagement at scale
- The ideal candidate will have 7-10 years experience in an advisory role in learning and development, talent management, diversity & inclusion, organizational development or related fields
- A strong understanding of people management and organizational development concepts and approaches
- A successful track record in leading complex, multi-dimensional projects
- Ability to work in a continuously changing, ambiguous environment
- Demonstrated success at building credibility quickly at all levels of the organization, including senior executives
- Experience with large, matrixed and multinational organizations is preferred
Skills and Competencies:
- Stakeholder and relationship management in a complex organizational environment
- Well-developed consulting and advisory skills, including needs analysis and strategic planning
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking capabilities, including operating with a data mindset and demonstrated ability to use data to drive action or decisions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Awareness of adult learning principles and instructional design approaches
- Ability to apply OD principles and findings from market research to inform solution design
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Ability to thrive and adapt in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Values creativity and incorporates diverse perspectives in decision making
- Bachelor's level degree and relevant professional qualifications preferred
Job Family Group:Human Resources
Job Family:Talent, Development, Learning & Diversity
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs