Match Your Skills
Search jobs based on your LinkedIn profile.
Head of HR Professional Services - AmericasApply Now Locations: Tampa, Florida Job Function: Human Resources Employee Status: Regular Job ID: 20199572
Head of HR Professional Services - Americas
The Head of HR Professional Services (HRPS) manages the team that supports over 100,000 employees and managers in North America and LATAM. This role collaborates globally with other HRPS Leaders to design and implement best in class HR support for our managers and employees at Citi. The Head of HRPS leads the HRPS strategy and builds managerial and organizational capability, while harmonizing HR related processes.
HRPS is responsible for working with the HR Advisors and managers to complete the annual HR processes (VOE, Performance Management, Compensation planning, etc.) and provides HR support to greater than 90% of Citi managers on employee activities (RIFs, discipline and performance issues, coaching and counseling, policy interpretation, immigration, global mobility, etc.).
The HRPS organizations across the globe work together to drive to common processes, share best practices, effectively utilize technology, mitigate risk and reduce duplication of work. There is particular focus on the global manager having consistent HR coverage and creating a “one-HR” experience through clear interaction between HRPS and HR Shared Services (HRSS).
The HRPS Head of the Americas leads a team of approximately 200 HR Generalists and professionals while closely collaborating with HR Advisors, HR Control and Compliance, HR Centers of Excellence (Talent Acquisition, Compensation, Employee Relations) and HRSS in support of HR initiatives and projects. This role has management responsibility of multiple teams, including management of people, budget and planning. Has authority to negotiate and make independent decisions on issues/activities that have critical impact or influence on business operations.
This role is also a key member of the Tampa CSC Leadership team and is the site HR Head for the 250 HR employees in Tampa (inclusive of all HR functions located in Tampa). This role is also the Site HR Head for the Tampa CSC that includes over 7,500 employees, across 26 lines of business.
- Lead a team of 200 HR professionals in Tampa and Mexico City engaged in HR Generalist, employee relations, HR controls & compliance, diversity and inclusion, talent management, immigration, relocation and compensation work across all lines of business. Is directly responsible for HRPS senior managers to build strong functional teams and is indirectly responsible for all employees within HRPS. Participates in the preparation of staff development plans for each direct report to achieve work and personal career objectives.
- Drive a positive and engaged workforce, including leading employee committees related to VOE, Engagement, Recognition and Employee Development.
- Manages the HRPS Americas budget, oversee all talent acquisition activities, prepares quarterly business reviews and completes all charge-back work.
- Serve as Tampa Site HR Leader; work with site Senior Leadership Team to drive diversity, talent management, wellness and engagement strategy for the CSC
Annual HR processes
- Oversees the annual Compensation planning process with managers, including merit increase and bonus planning
- Oversees the talent & performance process with managers including: talent designation assignment, low performer tracking/action plan
- Supports diversity activities related to diverse slates
HR Control & Compliance related work
- Leads global implementation of documentation standards and other control and compliance initiatives
Reengineering and Process Improvement
- Complete on-going reengineering projects related to the RIF process, performance management, outplacement, immigration and mobility, compensation baseline and market data
- Delivered process improvements, standardization and strategic technology solutions across the bank
- Design and analyze HR metrics to analyze our work and identify reengineering opportunities
Life cycle activities
- Oversee general life cycle activities including approval to offer, employment of relatives reviews, rehire eligibility, QA/QC Monitoring, Reductions in Force, including: manager preparation, employee counseling & communications and legal reviews
- HRPS also contains specialized units to support and facilitate immigration related matters including new work visas, amendments, and extensions in partnership with Employment Law, as well as facilitate and support Citi’s employee relocation programs.
- Heavily involved in Workday and Service Now efforts including design and testing.
Employee Relations/Policy Work
- HRPS Generalists work with managers to administer all corrective action related to performance or conduct issues.
- Oversee strategy related to exit interviews, low ethics complaints, employee relations, leaves/accommodations, policy Interpretation, dispute resolution/complaints, investigations, immigration and mobility.
- 15+ years of experience, including 10+ years managerial experience preferred. Experience managing large teams preferred (100+ employees) in multiple locations and geographies
- Advanced knowledge of HR policies, practices and employment law. Experience in Employee Relations, Performance Management, RIFs and Workplace Accommodations required. Experience with Compliance, Controls and Regulatory work preferred.
- In-depth internal knowledge of all Citi businesses preferred; experience in financial services at a large global firm. Strong business acumen and demonstrated ability to align the HR Strategy to the business strategy.
- Analytical skills - capability to identify business trends and opportunities and use data to make decisions.
- Results Orientation - ability to define goals and metrics, develop actionable plans and manage work to achieve desired outcomes. Organizational skills including attention to detail and follow up.
- Communication Skills - ability to articulate ideas clearly and succinctly in a variety of settings and styles and strong influence, negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- Accountability - assumes ownership for achieving results and collective goals.
- Teamwork - acts as a catalyst for formulating a collaborative environment to achieve a common purpose must have demonstrated partnership skills to solve complex problems
- Change Orientation - works effectively in the face of ambiguity, shifting priorities, and rapid change; maintains a positive outlook in difficult situations; a change agent.
- Global awareness/global business orientation. Basic knowledge of Spanish preferred, but not required
- Experience with Workday and ServiceNow preferred.
- PHR/SPHR certification preferred
- Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree preferred
-------------------------------------------------Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - US
------------------------------------------------------Time Type :
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.