Head of Data - Operations
This key leadership role focuses on driving the definition of Enterprise Data and the appointment of Enterprise Data Owners. The Head of Data for Operations will also drive the building-out and/or adoption of data quality and data control improvements aligned with existing and emerging Enterprise Chief Data Office guidance and tooling. This role will partner with Data Stewardship leads, the Data Governance Office, business process owners and Enterprise Data Owners to ensure the Region’s Enterprise Data is able to address enterprise needs and support multiple applications, organizations, use cases and processes. The Head of Data for Operations will have deep GCB experience with the ability to work collaboratively across the enterprise (GCB / ICG / EI&O&T / Functions).
The Head of Data for Operations manages multiple teams of senior professionals through other senior managers. The job requires a broad and comprehensive understanding of the different systems, theories and practices relevant to a function as well as practical experience of multiple business cycles. In-depth knowledge of the industry and direct competitors' products/services is also necessary in order to contribute to the commercial objectives of the business. Requires thorough understanding of strategic direction of the function within the business, combined with a solid conceptual/practical grounding in both the function and/ or area of expertise. Excellent communication skills required in order to influence a wide range of audiences. The job is likely to be involved in both internal and external negotiations which will have a major impact on the area managed, and possibly on other related areas and organization as a whole. Develops medium- to long-term plans and executes functional strategies for a large/complex country, cluster of countries, or business requiring coordination and integration across units. Provides input into strategic decisions affecting job family or function within a region or business. Full management responsibility of multiple teams, including management of people, budget and planning. Has authority to negotiate and make independent decisions on issues/activities that have critical impact or influence on company revenues, capital or business operations.
- Data leader with experience in data management, data capabilities, analytics and information management for data supporting Operational processes
- Must demonstrably understand the data sources and analytic techniques that are used at scale by large consumer finance institutions, but also have significant experience leading and innovating in the areas of customer recognition, cross-channel servicing and marketing, digital acquisitions and attribution, and client retention through a series of appropriate business intelligence, analysis, models and strategies, implemented either internally in our decision systems, or externally at third-party providers such as the credit bureaus and database marketing companies/DSPs
- Significant influence and execution skills in ambiguous contexts, and should be able to articulate a regional strategy that stakeholders will accept, including colleagues in the areas of information technology, operations, marketing, finance, credit, fraud, and authorizations, in order to build next-generation data platforms and analytics solutions that improve the customer experience and create sustainable business growth outcomes
- Passion for data management as a craft and the people who practice it
- The data leader must be a practitioner and an advocate for the value of analytics in refining business outcomes and must have a demonstrated ability to work within the company and across industries to identify and source talent, design required training to cover analytics skills gaps, and grow and promote analytics talent
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 15+ years of experience, including 10+ years' managerial experience
- Financial service acumen & or experience to lead large cross functional initiatives
- Excellent relationship management, communication, and presentation skills
- Ability to accurately determine length and difficulty of tasks and projects
- Has a strategic perspective; looks toward the broadest possible view of an issue or challenge; can easily pose future scenarios; can think globally; and can discuss multiple aspects and impacts of issues and project them into the future
- Demonstrated ability to act as an owner with sufficient seniority to enact change and deliver needs of data consumers
- Expertise in data analytics, data engineering, and data management
- Strong organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to lead teams through direct and matrix reporting lines.
- Ability to bring clarity to challenging problems and to help others engage in and embrace a solution.
- Able to leverage strong business acumen to effectively interact with senior leaders and a broad variety of stakeholders.
- Strong executive presence; confident in presenting a balanced view to key stakeholders and senior management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following disciplines: Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Engineering, Mathematics, Accounting, Economics, Business, Statistics. Master’s degree preferred.
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Job Family Group:Decision Management
Job Family:Data/Information Management
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs