Head of Data for Personal Wealth
We value our talented employees, and whenever possible strive to help one of our associates grow professionally before recruiting new talent to our open positions. If you think the open position you see is right for you, we encourage you to apply!
Our people make all the difference in our success.
As part of Citi’s Enterprise data strategy, Citi will evolve our capabilities and apply safety and soundness across the data lifecycle to enable our customers to grow and succeed globally. This means ensuring that data is accurate, consistent, timely, and complete and there is integrity in processing in order to facilitate timely and accurate management and regulatory reporting. In order to achieve this mission, Citi is creating a horizontal data domain-oriented model based on intrinsic data characteristics, e.g. Cards, Transaction Services and Finance.
The Head of Data for Personal Wealth will report to the GCB Chief Data Officer and will play a key role in driving GCB’s data remediation, strategy, and transformation initiatives. The role will work in close partnership with GCB Regional Leadership, Global Consumer Technology, Enterprise CDO, Citi CAO organization, Enterprise Operations & Technology (EO&T) and Analytics & Information Management (AIM) teams to drive GCB’s data and analytics agenda, including addressing One-Citi data remediation efforts, supporting the build out of Enterprise Data Strategy capabilities, GCB data transformation priorities, the advancement of data capabilities and the advancement for the business growth agenda.
This key leadership role focuses on driving the definition of Enterprise Data and the appointment of Enterprise Data Owners. The Head of Data for Personal Wealth will also drive the building-out and/or adoption of data quality and data control improvements aligned with existing and emerging Enterprise Chief Data Office guidance and tooling. This role will partner with Data Stewardship leads, the Data Governance Office, business process owners and Enterprise Data Owners to ensure the Enterprise Data is able to address enterprise needs and support multiple applications, organizations, use cases and processes. The Head of Data for Personal Wealth will have deep GCB experience with the ability to work collaboratively across the enterprise (GCB / ICG / EI&O&T / Functions).
This key leadership role focuses on driving the definition, build-out and adoption of the Personal Wealth Data Domains and will partner with the Data Stewardship, Technology and other Domain owners teams appointed by the CDO in ensuring all data consumers’ needs are addressed. This leadership position must support multiple applications, organizations, use cases and processes. The Personal Wealth data owner will have deep data analytics, data management, and customer products experience with the ability to work collaboratively across the enterprise (GCB / ICG / EI&O&T / Functions).
The Head of Data for Personal Wealth manages multiple teams of senior professionals through other senior managers. The job requires a broad and comprehensive understanding of the different systems, theories and practices relevant to a function as well as practical experience of multiple business cycles. In-depth knowledge of the industry and direct competitors' products/services is also necessary in order to contribute to the commercial objectives of the business. Requires thorough understanding of strategic direction of the function within the business, combined with a solid conceptual/practical grounding in both the function and/ or area of expertise. Excellent communication skills required in order to influence a wide range of audiences. The job is likely to be involved in both internal and external negotiations which will have a major impact on the area managed, and possibly on other related areas and organization as a whole. Develops medium- to long-term plans and executes functional strategies for a large/complex country, cluster of countries, or business requiring coordination and integration across units. Provides input into strategic decisions affecting job family or function within a region or business. Full management responsibility of multiple teams, including management of people, budget and planning. Has authority to negotiate and make independent decisions on issues/activities that have critical impact or influence on company revenues, capital or business operations.
Supported by a team of SME’s and technically proficient staff, this role will:
- Define the strategy and priorities for the domain and implement framework that will drive formalized accountability of data and ensure effective enterprise data management
- Provide strategic oversight, direction and lead the roll-out of the Personal Wealth Data Domain structure with the Data Sponsors (Senior Business Executives across the enterprise)
- Control data domain budget
- Establish data strategy and priorities for the domain
- Sponsor/ authorize data initiatives and assign stewards
- Review standards for data within domain
- Engage, influence, and collaborate with senior staff to ensure effective delivery of Lending Data Domain within the overall Enterprise Data Strategy
- Develop and build strong working partnerships and strategic relationships with key partners across businesses and technology to align implementation and operational strategies
- Provide expert advice on data related aspects of Data Domains
- Assess data risk when for business processes business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervising the activity of others and creating accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 15+ years of experience, including 10+ years' managerial experience
- Financial service acumen & or experience to lead large cross functional initiatives
- Data Management leader with experience in analytics and information management
- Must demonstrably understand the data sources and analytic techniques that are used at scale by large consumer finance institutions, but also have significant experience leading
- Excellent relationship management, communication, and presentation skills
- Ability to accurately determine length and difficulty of tasks and projects
- Has a strategic perspective; looks toward the broadest possible view of an issue or challenge; can easily pose future scenarios; can think globally; and can discuss multiple aspects and impacts of issues and project them into the future
- Significant influence and execution skills in ambiguous contexts
- Demonstrated ability to act as an owner with sufficient seniority to enact change and deliver needs of data consumers
- Expertise in data analytics, data engineering, and data management
- Strong organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to lead teams through direct and matrix reporting lines.
- Ability to bring clarity to challenging problems and to help others engage in and embrace a solution.
- Able to leverage strong business acumen to effectively interact with senior leaders and a broad variety of stakeholders.
- Strong executive presence; confident in presenting a balanced view to key stakeholders and senior management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following disciplines: Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Engineering, Mathematics, Accounting, Economics, Business, Statistics. Master’s degree preferred.
Job Family Group:Decision Management
Job Family:Data/Information Management
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs