GRA Risk Controls Issue Management Coordinator
The Risk Governance function within the Chief Operating Office of Independent Risk Management is responsible for the design and implementation of firm-wide frameworks and practices that are integral and fundamental to Citi’s Risk Management. The Risk Governance group covers: 1) Risk Frameworks and Processes 2) Governance Committees and Exam Management 3) New Product Approvals/ Governance 4) Risk Controls and Issue Management 5) Risk Reporting and Data Governance and 6) Risk Organization Strategy.
As part of this Risk Governance group, the Risk Controls and Issue Management group leads the oversight of Risk’s Controls and Issue Management Framework to ensure that best practices are employed across independent Risk. The Risk Controls and Issue Management group is a centralized team specializing in: the implementation of Cohesive Risk’s Control Framework (Manager’s Control Assessment) inclusive of regulatory requirement mapping to MCA, a robust Risk-IA Assessment Interaction Model and strong and timely issue management, reporting and analysis to ensure execution of a consistent and robust control environment within Risk.
Global Reporting, Tools & Analytics (GRA) is part of the Risk Controls and Issue Management (RCIM) organization, which supports Risk Management by creating and implementing methodologies to measure and escalate Operational Risk.
The GRA Risk Controls Issue Management Coordinator is responsible for the management, oversight, and implementation of global projects that enhance RCIM’s ability to proactively detect, measure and manage Operational Risk and other functions as needed. This role requires an individual with a strong desire to work in a fast pace, agile and dynamic environment where priorities and expectations change.
Key Responsibility Overview:
The person in this role will be responsible for organizing and analyzing large amounts of data to proactively identify potential risks to the firm and make recommendations that influence the decisions of key business partners. They will identify relevant source systems and datasets to mine for client business needs and collect large structured and unstructured datasets and variables. They will leverage Natural Language Processing and Machine Learning techniques to connect data sets and reveal insights hidden within large volumes of numeric and textual data.
Additional Responsibilities Include:
- Manage and develop the team that will analyze the data
- Contribute to the execution of thematic reviews based on common themes identified
- Provide in-depth and sophisticated analysis with interpretive thinking to define problems, develop innovative solutions, and make recommendations that influence decisions of key business partners
- Support implementation of a Risk analytics program to incorporate NLP and Machine Learning results into key reporting and control forums
- Develop clear and concise reporting which allow end users to easily interpret analysis findings to make critical business decisions
- Leads integration of functions and partners with multiple senior management teams to meet goals and deploy new products and process enhancements.
- Develop and Manage Adoption Strategies to ensure ROI
- Manage complex processes and reporting streams
- Evaluates efficiency of existing functions and drives improvements
- Partner with functional teams to create a path to success – tasks, milestones
- Provide transparency to senior leadership through regular updates
- Identify and manage dependencies
- Ensure Project plans, implementations, and new builds are Audit-Ready
- 10+ years of experience in business and data analysis, process improvement and/or project management
- Strong understanding of Risk, Operational Risk, Controls, Project Management
- Ability to analyze Operational Risk datasets to identify key risks and document actions required to address each risk
- Strong ability to understand complex business processes and identify root causes for problems
- Ability to develop & communicate senior level reports outlining problems and recommending solutions to resolve
- Strong understanding of regulatory and reporting requirements
- Strong understanding of process engineering strategies, and process development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to perform under pressure
- Ability to function independently
- Familiarity with Citi’s Control systems, in particular, MCA, iCAP’s and RET
- Bachelor’s/University degree, Master’s degree preferred
Job Family Group:Risk Management
Job Family:Business Risk & Controls
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs