Global Spread Products - Analyst, Agency Mortgages
Citi’s Global Spread Products (GSP) Business is part of the greater Global Markets and Securities Services division of Citi’s Institutional Clients Group. The Spread Products business is a global business with a presence in eleven countries across North and Latin America, Europe, and Asia primarily focusing on corporate, municipal, and mortgage backed bonds, loans and credit default swaps as well as structured products and financings. Global Spread Products primary function is to facilitate market liquidity for its institutional investor client base across both developed and emerging markets.
The Agency Mortgage Trading business sits within the GSP Sales and Trading Division. The role supports the origination and trading of new Agency issued Collateralized Mortgage Obligations “CMOs” The role is responsible for establishing and driving business strategy and priorities (in conjunction with functional “pod” Heads) to ensure delivery of key business processes
The ideal candidate should have a well-diversified background with a successful track record of leadership, experience, and performance. The candidate should also have both strong quantitative skills and have the ability to navigate the firm as circumstances arise to facilitate this business. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills to build consensus on strategy and execution are a key component of the role. Experience in programming (e.g., VBA, Python) are a plus.
This role will require travel but will be based in Tampa, FL.
Key Responsibilities Include:
The successful execution of this role requires the incumbent to develop a wide range of financial, business, and inter-personal skills, the ability to multi-task, and to function comfortably amidst conflicting objectives in a high pressure environment.
- Day-to-day business management and administrative duties for Agency CMO transactions, including working closely with the Agency MBS trading desk
- Initiate and execute short, medium and long term projects to achieve the business objectives of the group. Projects may be related to process enhancement with the Agencies and internal stakeholders, as well as technology or risk enhancement initiatives
- Ensure a robust governance, oversight, and control framework exists and is in line with corporate policies & regulation.
- Maintain detailed control documentation, procedures, key metrics and audit evidence.
- Working with the business and support areas (including Middle Office, Operations, Audit, Compliance, Finance, Technology and Legal) to ensure a robust control infrastructure is in place and to act as a key point of contact between business and stakeholders.
- Assist in establishment of new business lines or enhanced product offerings including processes, booking models, and systems/infrastructure.
- Build an understanding of the cost base of the Business & pursue opportunities for savings and efficiency, maximizing returns.
- Interest in and prior exposure to capital markets, and familiarity with financial institution regulation and policies.
- Fixed Income products knowledge would be advantageous, and interest in learning about complex financial instruments, transactions, and client/market interactions is essential.
- Experience within Citigroup in similar situations would be a plus
- Excellent analytic and creative problem solving skills
- Strong communication and listening skills
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to develop peer-like relationships with senior leaders throughout an organization
- Ability to work as part of a team and autonomously
- Focused attention to detail plus ability to see the big picture
- Collaborative, team-oriented approach to problem solving
- Project and process ownership; strong time management
- Intellectual curiosity
- Strong desire to achieve excellence
- Experience in project management and process ownership
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office; experience with business analytics tools (i.e. Python tools,VBA, etc.) is a plus
- Degree preferred or sufficient industry experience
- An interest in and prior exposure to capital markets, and familiarity with financial institution regulation and policies
- Relationship building
- Attention to detail
- Working in a team / in partnership with others
- Willingness and ability to interact with internal clients and support groups is critical to success.
Job Family Group:Business Strategy, Management & Administration
Job Family:Business Administration
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs