The Compl AML Intel Sr Analyst is a seasoned professional role. Applies in-depth disciplinary knowledge, contributing to the development of new techniques and the improvement of processes and work-flow for the area or function. Integrates subject matter and industry expertise within a defined area. Requires in-depth understanding of how areas collectively integrate within the sub-function as well as coordinate and contribute to the objectives of the function and overall business. Evaluates moderately complex and variable issues with substantial potential impact, where development of an approach/taking of an action involves weighing various alternatives and balancing potentially conflicting situations using multiple sources of information. Requires good analytical skills in order to filter, prioritize and validate potentially complex and dynamic material from multiple sources. communication and diplomacy skills are required. Regularly assumes informal/formal leadership role within teams. Involved in coaching and training of new recruits Significant impact in terms of project size, geography, etc. by influencing decisions through advice, counsel and/or facilitating services to others in area of specialization. Work and performance of all teams in the area are directly affected by the performance of the individual.
- Analyze and proactively identify risks and new AML concerns. Review recent news, court documents, and public/private sector white papers.
- Independently conduct complex research and investigations utilizing internal and external data; analyze research results and conduct complex data analysis.
- Prepare written investigative reports and Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) where appropriate; present findings to senior management and advise on next steps.
- Execute due diligence investigations in support of policies and procedures to meet internal and external regulatory requirements.
- Use sound decision-making and discretion in making decisions that mitigate corporate risk at each decision point throughout the investigation.
- Make recommendations to senior management on next course of action – either relationship retention or termination and, when warranted, prepare SARs.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- AML Certification
- 5-8 years prior work experience in a financial institution with job specific work experience in AML
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor’s/University degree or equivalent experience
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
The Global Name Search (GNS) Analyst is responsible for coordination and oversight of Global AML Name Searches. The purpose of the Global AML Name Search is to identify Individuals or Entities associated with material negative news regarding terrorism, money laundering or significant reputational risk. The work performed in this role supports GIU core objectives to perform holistic investigations of complex or global customers with AML concerns and ensures that data documentation is audit ready and meets GIU standards that ultimately could lead to recommendations to Citi business units that mitigate AML, regulatory and reputational risks.
Global Name Search distributes to Citi businesses Global AML Name Search requests of lists of individuals and entities to be searched to determine whether any of the individuals or entities have, or had, accounts, wire transfer activity or relationships with Citi businesses.
In this role, the GNS Analyst conducts periodic oversight checks of regional teams executing Global AML Name Searches (correctness of search execution, point of contact verification, existence of Quality Control, Documentation, MCA and System Assessments and compliance of these processes with the Global AML Name Search Standard requirements.
• Acts as back up to Global Name Search Team Leads, for both Global AML Name Searches and 314(a), including the following:
o Management assistance with supervisory queue, analysts submissions, reviews, approvals, case set-up, case closures, projects and FinCEN regulatory reporting;
o Contribute to overall workflow management, team coverage, process enhancements, reviews, evaluations and final decision making on categorizing and dispositions for alerts and search results;
Ensures and addressees any data privacy concerns before sharing information;
Tracking and calculating metrics;
Conducting and providing MCA details
o Facilitates team work, oversees mailboxes, trackers and share-drive locations;
Participates in Legal, internal and external partnership collaboration, globally throughout the bank;
Communicates information to cover De-confliction best practices with other units;
Leads GNS Global Governance and Oversight;
o Supports analyst investigations and requests through preparations, research, system searches and other assistance;
Quality control for accuracy and completeness;
o Provide audit and regulatory support
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - US
Time Type :
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE. To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE.
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE.
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE.