Financial Reporting Group Manager- Ledger Aggregation & Integrity
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards are a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
The Global Process & Stakeholder Management Team (GPSM) is a strategic function within Finance & Risk Shared Services (FRSS), a division in Citi Shared Services. FRSS provides support to Controllers, FP&A, Risk, and Treasury including accounting, closing, ledger, reconciliation, substantiation and reporting activities (Financial Books & Records).
The GPSM function within FRSS is responsible for partnering with the Global Process Owners in Finance to transform the end-to-end Global Operating Model for all Financial Books and Records processes, platforms and results. The team is singularly responsible for design and implementation of end-to-end processes owned and performed by the FRSS Reporting Operations teams located in the 4 FRSS centers, ensuring the processes performed in the centers are standardized, efficient, and designed with appropriate controls. The team is responsible for capacity planning, definition of KPIs and metrics to drive transformation and productivity, and for location strategy. In addition, the team is the primary interface with global stakeholders including Global Process Owners, Corporate Reporting, Citi Controller, Chief Data Office, Data Services and global Technology.
As a senior position within the GPSM team, the Ledger Aggregation & Integrity Strategy (LAIS) lead will report directly to the head of GPSM, and will be responsible for all global Ledger strategy, Reconciliation & Anchoring, and Substantiation processes owned and performed by FRSS. In addition, this role will work directly with the GPO and external consultants to drive the strategic direction of Citi’s general ledger and accounting engine future state process and architectural design. This role has additional responsibility for the FRSS EUC remediation program, as well as providing guidance to Finance for EUC remediation within the Controller’s team. In this capacity, the LAIS lead will be responsible for leading transformational initiatives, partnering with GPO to design and implement the future state global process and architecture including governance and operating model, ensuring standardized, efficient well-controlled processes that will support the integrity and control of Citi’s Financial Books & Records owned by the Citi Controller. The team will support four FRSS Reporting Operation centers in Tampa, Mumbai, Manila, and Costa Rica, ensuring processes performed in those centers adhere to agreed global standards. The team will be responsible for driving projects related to the Consent Order, and Finance Transformation initiatives as they relate to processes owned and performed in FRSS. The team will be responsible for defining key controls, location strategy, performing capacity planning, and defining key operational and organizational metrics for the defined processes.
This role works with key stakeholders across Finance, Controllers, Data Services, CDO, Technology, Finance Transformation, and Office of CAO for Consent Order, as well as external consultants and other disciplines to ensure appropriate alignment and accountability of activities supporting these end-to end-processes. This position will also interface directly with the FRSS Center Heads and their senior leadership teams
Key responsibilities include:
- Partnering with GPO to design and implement global processes and controls, standardizing and simplifying FB&R ledger, reconciliation, anchoring, substantiation processes leveraging standard finance systems. (E.g. Full Suite, Pearl, GENESIS)
- Leading the general ledger and accounting engine strategy and pilot for FRSS
- Ensure Reporting Operations adherence to relevant policies, standards and procedural guides pertaining to our Financial Books & Records
- Develop key metrics to measure adherence, operational and organizational effectiveness.
- Define standard guidelines, roles and responsibilities, and appropriate alignment of activities within shared services.
- Identify and lead digital transformation and automation opportunities.
- Partner with key stakeholders across Citi Finance (Controllers, Corporate Reporting, Data Services, DGO, Technology and GPO) driving finance work streams, goals and efficiency targets.
- Support the standardization of Citi’s financial data standards and the Strategic Operating and Reporting Ledger implementation efforts.
- Partner with Finance and other key stakeholders to define solutions for Consent Order and Finance Transformation issues, and drive implementation of those initiatives within FRSS.
- Opportunity to transform FRSS aligned with the Citi Finance transformation program, improve our processes, strengthen controls, and drive business results.
- Build a network across senior Citi Finance, FRSS and O&T partners.
- Exposure to the Finance, FRSS and Technology organizations.
- Exposure to key leads in the Consent Order and Finance Transformation initiatives
The Role Requires:
- Ability to lead, deliver results and influence change effectively across geography, functional areas and levels.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks and to work with geographically diverse resources and diverse products
- Ability to see the "big picture" without losing attention to detail.
- Knowledge of Citi Finance architecture and systems impacting Citi’s Financial Books & Records.
- In depth, knowledge of Citi’s close, accounting, ledger and reconciliation processes, and understanding of the Controller, FRSS functions.
- Strong technical accounting skills and an understanding of accounting policy in accordance with US GAAP and IFRS.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal, across organizational levels, functions and regions.
- Strong analytical skills, acting as an expert or advisor on general ledger and reconciliation/substantiation matters
- Experience with process reengineering / process improvement, design and implementation of accounting and closing processes.
- Ability to influence senior Finance, FRSS, Business and Operations stakeholders
- Self-motivated with the ability to make decisions in absence of detailed instructions
- Individual should be analytical, flexible, team-oriented, have good interpersonal, communication, and follow-up skills with strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- Bachelors’ degree in Finance or Accounting – Master’s degree a plus
- Strong background in one or more areas of finance preferred.
- 15+ years of relevant experience in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field in the Financial Services industry is required.
- Process reengineering and change management with program/project management or PMO experience in using a structured methodology to successfully track, plan, monitor and report on concurrent, multiple projects.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
- Basic understanding of multiple enterprise vendor ledger packages (i.e., Oracle, SAP)
- CA, CPA, ACA, or CFA certifications a plus.
Job Family Group:Finance
Job Family:Financial Reporting
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs