FB&R Transformation Solutions Lead
Tampa, FloridaJob Req ID 23632827
Citi is undergoing a Transformation to modernize and simplify the bank. We’re raising the bar and taking the opportunity to reevaluate the way we do business. This includes fostering a culture of curiosity and excellence and shifting our mindset to be simpler and data driven, making Citi an easier place to work and improving client experience. If you’re ready to be at the forefront of Transformation while taking your career to the next level, we invite you to come and join us!
As one of the world’s most global banks, Citi gives you the tools to make a difference. Through Transformation, we’re building the future of the bank and shaping the banking industry. Citi employs over 220,000 individuals located around the world, encompassing a broad range of teams, roles, cultures and backgrounds. Some of the skills that will make you successful in this role include:
- Cross-Functional Collaboration
- Credible Challenge
- Risk Management
- Data and Results Driven
The Financial Books & Records (FB&R) Transformation Initiative has been established under the wider Citi Finance Transformation and comprises three pillars - Accounting, Ledgers and Close, and associated global platforms, processes, and governance. The program includes standardizing and reducing risk across current FB&R processes and establishing the next iteration of ledger strategy to adopt and implement global standard SaaS/ Cloud based accounting and ledger platforms. The outcome will be a robust global process, governance, and controls to ensure consistent and materially accurate, complete, and timely ledger data and results.
The FB&R Transformation Solutions Lead willsupport the delivery of Citi’s Finance Transformation priorities (including the Strategic Accounting & Ledger Program). This is a dynamic role within Citi’s Finance transformation that will provide significant exposure to senior management, and will require an ability to partner extensively with stakeholders across many lines of businesses and functions. Ideal candidates are proactive problem solvers with in-depth knowledge of ledger and accounting processes, possess an ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines and have excellent communication /interpersonal skills. The position provides both program delivery and thought leadership in improving effectiveness by supporting end-to-end solutions that drive efficiency and repeatability.
The Strategic Accounting & Ledger Program implements a new platform with enhanced technical capability and supports our finance transformation strategy and realization of our Target Operating Model (including global and local processes). Thus, a proven track record in large-scale complex programs, change management, process simplification & re-engineering and technology enabled (SaaS/Oracle) implementation are preferred.
- Support Product Owners/ Workstream leads in the successful execution & timely completion of the Strategic Ledger Program to achieve business outcomes, including the identification and resolution of issues with proactive risk management, mitigation planning, and resolutions
- Participate strategic ledger governance meetings and complete deliverables within Integrated Project Plan
- Execute the FB&R workstream strategy across Process, Controls and Reporting and Operating Model design
- Deliver workstream communications, prepare and present FB&R updates to senior management forums
- Collaborate with SME's and End Users to identify key user stories for integration into Target State platforms and contribute to the remediation roadmap to decommission legacy platforms
- Partner with other Product Owners (Accounting, Ledger, Close, Operating Model, Process, or Controls) to coordinate priorities and ensure consistency of deliverables and artifacts across all workstreams
- Provide workstream level metrics and business cases including risk reduction and efficiency measures
- Participate in testing, deployment of system modules and provide inputs to defining the future state service delivery and sustainment model
- Manage workstream intra- and inter-dependencies across stakeholder groups including System Integrators
- Build strong relationships with Program Office Leaders, Program Sponsors and Technology Leaders as well as stakeholders in other Citi-wide initiatives (Finance Data initiative, Consent Order), Product Control, Financial Control, and operational stakeholders (FRSS) to identify further transformation opportunities
- Work with multiple stakeholders, including process and product owners to identify and prioritize improvement opportunities and oversee implementation of Finance Transformation initiatives
- Lead process standardization, assessing current state processes, identifying key metrics for tracking performance of core processes and driving process improvements
- Design processes solutions, leveraging best-in-class business process management tools and Citi Enterprise Architecture Methodology (CEAM), to measure performance and drive Target Operating Model implementation
- 6-10+ years of relevant experience, in financial services with a focus on transformation and program delivery
- Previous experience in Finance and/or Accounting
- Work experience in Controllers and/or Shared Services (FRSS) areas supporting Controllers is preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to present ideas to audiences at all levels.
- Organizationally savvy; understands systems, management processes, knows where to go for information and how to interpret
- Franchise player; ability to operate both broad and deep, critical thinker, self-motivated; comfortable working with ambiguity
- Understanding of the regulatory and control requirements around Citi’s ledgers including ICOFR and SOX (Accounting roles focus)
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel for reporting and PowerPoint for presentation development
- Experience with Process re-engineering, business transformation and process simplification is preferred
- CA / CPA preferred
- Bachelor's Degree, potentially Masters degree in Business, Technology or a quantitative discipline or equivalent work experience
Job Family Group:Finance
Job Family:Fin Solutions Dsgn & Implement
Time Type:Full time
Primary Location:Tampa Florida United States
Primary Location Salary Range:$110,090.00 - $165,130.00
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the "EEO is the Law" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 95 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
“By joining Transformation, you will be at the center of driving change at Citi. You’ll help us lay the foundation to make this a better place to work and do business by implementing sound risk and controls. This team will give you a launchpad of endless opportunities to grow as a professional and challenge yourself while working across various functions.”
Risk & Controls Transformation Lead
“Citi hires people for their potential and not just their experience. This gives people, including myself, the opportunity to try different roles and explore new careers. Transformation at Citi is a new adventure and will challenge how we do things at Citi: with clients, with regulators and with our peers.”
Mexico Transformation Head
“Data Transformation is a great area to be a part of at Citi. Data is at the heart of our business and ensuring that our data is of good quality with clear ownership is imperative to our success.”
Data Operating Model and Governance Program Lead
“This is an exciting area to work in at Citi! Being part of Transforming a 200+ year-old institution is a once in a lifetime opportunity. This is relatively new work, so not only you can learn new skills and get exposure, but you can play a pivotal role in shaping the Citi of the future.”
Data Tooling and Capability Head
Featured Career Areas
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs