Match Your Skills
Search jobs based on your LinkedIn profile.
Data Services (DSL / Solution Lead) VPApply Now Locations: Tampa, Florida, Getzville, New York Job Function: Finance, Operations & Technology Employee Status: Regular Job ID: 20216476
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
Data Services is charged with leading Citi’s efforts to provide accurate information of the highest quality to our customers, shareholders and regulators, grounded in developing and instituting the most efficient processes to do so. Data Services processes are comprised of: Data governance which includes the governance and enforcement of content and standards, the prioritization of data quality remediation (including Issue Management Resolution (IMR) actions) and securing funding for data quality efforts; data operations (acquisition, anchoring, correcting and supply of data) surrounding various data repositories; and data quality which brings together metrics, tracing, control and other activities, whether performed in the function or in Operations, against Finance/Risk data sources, intermediate and final output processes, and cross-report checks.
The Data Services Group delivers automation and process re-engineering projects. The candidate will work with technology and stakeholders to deliver projects that allow the firm to report P&L and balance sheet consistently across the globe, actively manage risks, improve financial controls, automate regulatory and management reporting, and perform transactional processing and ledger posting. In addition, these projects impact significant firm business and architecture initiatives such as security referential and pricing referential realignment, and revamp of the settlement and clearing platforms.
We are seeking a business analyst with system delivery experience and a working knowledge of product control and balance sheet reporting functions. The candidate should possess system implementation and process re-engineering experience. The analyst will be responsible for data quality remediation, business analysis, cost and benefit analysis, testing, and rollout/training functions. Activities will include communication and planning, process modeling, data analysis, business and functional requirements documentation, test specification/ planning / execution. Ability to work independently across a wide range of stakeholders in Technology, Operations, Chief Data Office, Internal Audit, Finance & Risk. The candidate should be intellectually curious, self-starter, problem solver.
- Analyze current business and system processes for potential areas of improvement.
- Perform data analysis including but not limited to transactions and contract level reconciliations, root cause analysis and data tracing
- Partner and drive Technology solutions including:
• Own Business Requirement Documents (BRD)
• Coordinate with business and technology partners throughout the SDLC lifecycle
• Oversee and steer functional requirements process with technology partners
• Oversee and write test scenarios and drive UAT planning and implementation and data acquisitions
• Coordinate and provide analysis and interpretation of UAT results
• System / Enhancement rollout and training
• Plan and develop cost analysis, design considerations, and implementation timelines
- Present ideas and recommendations to senior management
- Make strategic decisions as to future of infrastructure and process decisions related to Data Quality initiatives
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or equivalent experience; advanced professional qualifications are considered a plus.
- 6+ years of experience in business analysis, financial reporting, system integration, business transformation, project management equivalent.
- Working knowledge of Finance products (i.e. FX, Fixed Income, Equities, Derivatives, Loans); and some knowledge of accounting and financial calculations, such as P&L, dividends, coupons, or accretion
- Financial control and/or Risk management experience a plus
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills - Be able to manage project milestones and risks
- Experience in business process reengineering and software development life cycle.
- Experience in system analysis and writing business and functional specifications.
- Advanced Technical skills (SQL, data modeling or querying databases)
- Strong data analysis, data mapping and reconciliation skills.
- Good communications including the ability to compile and present management level presentations.
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving skills
- Demonstrate an ability to influence across a matrix organization
- Ability to identify process improvements and drive change
- Be able to identify opportunities to solve business problems.
Job Family Group:Finance
Job Family:Data Management
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting