CSIS Investigations Intermediate Analyst / IAU
Citi Security and Investigative Services (CSIS) is a global function within Citi whose mission is to protect the employees, assets, information, integrity, and reputation of Citi and its clients. CSIS accomplishes this by offering industry-leading professional security services, fraud prevention, and independent investigations to all of Citi's businesses and regions globally, and by collaborating with our internal business colleagues, law enforcement agencies, and the industry externally.
Citi employees reflect the remarkable range of cultures and perspectives of our clients across more than 160 countries and jurisdictions where we do business – a powerful advantage that combines global insights with deep local knowledge. We recognize that unique individuals, collaborative teams and inclusive leaders have far-reaching impact and are the engines of new ideas. Our willingness to embrace the richness of our diverse teams, ideas and possibilities is what drives growth and progress.
A role in our investigations function means you will have the opportunity to work with a group of individuals whose collective mission is to investigate wrongdoing against our firm. We conduct professional and independent investigations in order to identify fraud, recover lost or stolen assets, identify underlying control failures and root causes, enforce the policies of the firm, identify network security incidents and cyber events, and to cause and/or support prosecutions and civil litigation, if appropriate. You will make connections with fellow colleagues that share your diverse background and experiences. On our team, we relish unique individuals, collaborative teams and inclusive leaders, because they are the engines of new ideas. With operations around the world and staff from a variety of disciplines, you will benefit from working alongside and learning from the best and the brightest in the Security industry.
As an Investigations Analyst, you will be one of the first point of contact for all internal and external fraud referrals. You will be providing investigative support, identifying, building, linking and escalating cases for review and/or assignment to an investigator. This role will utilize your sophisticated technical expertise in predictive analysis, electronic discovery tools, investigation skills, technology and research to identify fraud activities, schemes, trends and organized rings that create a risk to our firm, its employees, shareholders, systems, assets and clients. One guarantee is that no two days will be the same. Challenges will present themselves daily. The question is, are you up to the challenge?
- Case/referral assignment based on level
- Follow investigative standards for analytical assessments
- Complete end to end internal investigative reports for partner
- Provide tactical analysis to client businesses and CSIS investigative units through referral management, linking events and data quality management.
- Identify any process gaps, contributing systemic and technical root causes
- Administrate fraud referrals from various Citi businesses, external financial institutions, and Law Enforcement agencies; identifying, building, linking and escalating cases to management for review and/or assignment
- Gather data, conduct research and provide analysis of information and data from a variety of sources, both internal and external to the business, to identify, support investigations and determine fraud trend activity, schemes and organized rings
- Produce reports and provide analysis for more complex cases either as part of a team
- Support other CSIS teams or businesses requiring assistance
Education and Experience Required
- Bachelor's degree (US only)
- Understanding of forensic and eDiscovery processes and procedures to include the collection, examination, and analysis of data while preserving integrity and maintaining a strict chain of custody
- Demonstrated writing and communication skills
- Experience in data analysis and interpretation
- Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Education and Experience Preferred
- Graduate degree (US only)
- 2-4 years of relevant experience or an advanced degree/graduate certification in an analytical, investigative, computer or mathematical field of study
- Knowledge of financial products, frauds and trends
- Previous US Intelligence, military, law enforcement, law firm or government service background
- Experience working in an in-house investigations team
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products - Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, & SharePoint for compiling written reports and spreadsheets on an investigation
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Excellent oral communication skills
- Good report writing skills to accurately articulate the circumstances and events of the investigation
- Good analytical skills needed to assess evidence, identify relationships and develop leads in an investigation
- An ability to multi-task, demonstrated attention to detail with ability to manage caseload and produce accurate, concise analytical reports
- Solid judgment and decision making skills
- Ability to present data, information or findings
Knowledge and Skills Preferred
- Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner
- Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others
- Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge
- Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground
- Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions
- Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks
- Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving
- Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment
- Performance is consistent, even under pressure
- Always pursues continuous improvements
- Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements.
- Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first
- Develops and implements sustainable strategies on how to perform their role, with an eye on improvement based on changes needed or refinement of approach
- 2nd language skills
- Flexibility to work on call off hours/weekends during critical project phases, if necessary
Job Family Group:Corporate Services
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Effective November 1, 2021, Citi requires that all successful applicants for positions located in the United States or Puerto Rico be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccination prior to commencement of employment.
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 95 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs