Compliance Sanctions Officer - Treasury and Trade Services
Serves as a senior compliance risk officer for Independent Compliance Risk Management (ICRM) responsible for establishing internal strategies, policies, procedures, processes related to monitoring and fostering awareness of sanctions regulatory requirements that Citi must comply with; assessing related sanctions risk exposure, overseeing the quality of sanctions control processes and setting global standards to manage and mitigate those sanctions risks and protect the franchise. In addition, provides support for the collation of potential breaches of sanctions from across the firm and work with contacts in the Business and Compliance to ensure consistent and effective application and implementation of, and controls to evidence adherence to, relevant sanctions related global standards, policies and procedures.
- Sanctions advisory role for the Treasury and Trade Services businesses
- Working collaboratively with the team to provide advice to business with respect to applicability of policies and implementation of the economic sanctions program and regulatory changes.
- Analyzing data, preparing and presenting regional and global reports related to sanctions risk assessments, and monitoring of sanctions related issues and escalations with senior management and global partners.
- Providing input on new business initiatives, new products, and advise on complex transactions.
- Partnering with functional partners, as applicable, to ensure potential risks are appropriately vetted and addressed. Identifying and escalating to the Chief Sanctions Officer material risks and significant instances of not adherence to the Framework by accountable front line units; directing investigations in coordination with GIU, CSIS, Legal, HR or as appropriate.
- Monitoring adherence to Citi’s Global Sanctions Policy and relevant procedures; staying current on key Sanctions regulatory changes, key enforcement actions and related industry trends.
- Overseeing adherence to procedures and processes, to ensure compliance with policies ensuring that front line units meet required standards. Promoting global consistency of Sanctions ICRM practices and policies – within the line of business as well as cross-sector.
- Interacting with Management to raise awareness of Sanctions trends, emerging issues, remedial actions or enhancements to the program. Assessing the impact of issues/violations (legal/regulatory, policy, reputational, etc.) and dimensions control process gaps to help management define disciplinary and corrective actions, as appropriate.
- Participating in and managing, as appropriate, various internal assurance processes, e.g. Regional Enterprise wide and Horizontal risk assessments, self-assessment, internal audit or compliance assurance reviews. Supporting efforts in connection Internal Audit and functional regulators in Program exams and evaluations; tracking and challenging remedial actions from the front line units.
- Drafting and editing sanctions-related reference materials; supporting the various electronic record-keeping logs for sanctions licenses, voluntary disclosures; subpoenas etc.; participating in sanctions training programs.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Knowledge of payments, receivables, liquidity management, trade, and commercial cards services.
- Understanding of funds transfers, digital channels and data across a global infrastructure.
- Knowledge of payment settlements processes and transactions flows.
- Preferably expertise of Sanctions and AML regulations, risks and typologies
- Knowledge of Compliance laws, rules, regulations, risks and typologies
- Must be a self-starter, flexible, innovative and adaptive
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively and with people at all levels of the organization
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to both work collaboratively and independently; ability to navigate a complex organization
- Advanced analytical skills
- Ability to both work independently and collaborate with team members
- Excellent project management and organizational skills and capability to handle multiple projects at one time
- Proficient in MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated knowledge in area of focus
- Bachelor’s degree; experience in compliance, legal or other control-related function in the financial services firm, regulatory organization, or legal/consulting firm, or a combination thereof; experience in area of focus; Advanced degree preferred
Job Family Group:Compliance and Control
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Effective November 1, 2021, Citi requires that all successful applicants for positions located in the United States or Puerto Rico be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccination prior to commencement of employment.
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 95 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs