Compl Risk Mgmt Sr Officer I - Global Reg Mgmt Strategy & Ops Program Mgmt - Americas - Telecommuter eligible
Serves as a senior compliance risk officer for Independent Compliance Risk Management (ICRM) responsible for establishing internal strategies, policies, procedures, processes, and programs to prevent violations of law, rule, or regulation and design and deliver a risk management framework that maintains risk levels within the firm's risk appetite and protect the franchise. In addition, engages with the ICRM product and function coverage teams, in order to partner to develop and apply CRM program solutions that meet business and customer needs in a manner consistent with the Citi program framework.
- Designing, developing, delivering and maintaining best-in-class Compliance, programs, policies and practices for ICRM.
- Translating ICRM strategy and goals across Citi’s clients, products and geographies in a succinct and clear manner; provide direction and guidance on the programs. Serves as a subject matter expert on Citi’s Compliance programs.
- Providing oversight and guidance over the assessment of complex issues, structuring potential solutions and driving effective resolution with other stakeholders.
- Identifying and assessing Citi’s key compliance risks. Ensuring compliance risks within Citi are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled, consistent with the bank’s risk appetite statement and all policies and processes established within the risk governance framework.
- Monitoring adherence to Citi’s Compliance Risk Policies and measuring compliance risk through a robust control framework and ensuring that reviews are conducted consistently across each entity on a regular basis to confirm that controls identified are operating effectively.
- Performing complex analyses of comparative data, preparing and presenting regional and global reports related to compliance risk assessments, and monitoring of compliance related issues.
- Partnering, collaborating and working with other areas within Citi, as necessary.
- Keeping abreast of regulatory changes, new regulations and internal policy changes in order to further identify new key risk areas.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Develop senior management relationships with key stakeholders; informing senior management of significant compliance matters which require their attention or action. Proactively anticipate and help the business and functions plan for changes in the compliance and regulatory environment.
- Support global partnerships to ensure the global alignment of objectives, identify planning priorities and manage issues across Strategy and Operations (S&O) and communicate consistent messaging on progress across the regions.
- Coordinate with Regulations Management colleagues across all lines of defense to work towards the implementation of effective processes, procedures and controls in order to adhere to key regulatory requirements.
- Identify, prioritize, and implement program-level initiatives across regions in coordination with other Regulations Management pillars: Advisory, and Standards.
- Support the identification of impacts to adjacent pillars and incorporate the impact of changes to the Strategy and Operations pillar i.e. Procedure Changes & Advisory Support.
- Partnering with regional contacts for end user feedback on regulations management technology solutions to include horizon scanning/regulatory trends and feedback regarding priority of work and strategy for Regulations Management.
- Support Transformation for Regulatory Inventory and Change Management through identification of projects resulting from large regulation change impacting the operation and plan approach to resource and support the effort.
- Program Design: Management of the linkages to the Compliance Risk Management Framework – proactively working with the MCA, Policy, Training etc. teams to ensure their requirements are understood and implemented from both a tactical and strategic perspective and that the designed processes continue to work effectively
- Perform Regulations Management process execution; as required.
- Expertise of Compliance laws, rules, regulations, risks and typologies;
- Excellent written, verbal and analytical skills
- Must be a self-starter, flexible, innovative and adaptive;
- Highly motivated, strong attention to detail, team oriented, organized
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to articulate complex problems and solutions through concise and clear messaging
- Ability to work collaboratively with regional and global partners in other functional units; ability to navigate a complex organization; to influence and lead people across cultures at a senior level
- Experience in managing regulatory exams and relationships with examiners, auditors etc.
- Awareness of regulatory requirements including local and US laws, international and industry standards
- Advanced knowledge in area of focus
- Bachelor’s degree; experience in compliance, legal or other control-related function in the financial services firm, regulatory organization, or legal/consulting firm, or a combination thereof; Advanced degree preferred
Role is eligible for remote/telecommuter location
Job Family Group:Compliance and Control
Job Family:Compliance Risk Management
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs