Citi Global Wealth, Strategy and Governance Lead for Transformation and Integration
Tampa, Florida| New York, New YorkJob Req ID 23625529
Citi is undergoing a Transformation to modernize and simplify the bank. We’re raising the bar and taking the opportunity to reevaluate the way we do business. This includes fostering a culture of curiosity and excellence and shifting our mindset to be simpler and data driven, making Citi an easier place to work and improving client experience. If you’re ready to be at the forefront of Transformation while taking your career to the next level, we invite you to come and join us!
As one of the world’s most global banks, Citi gives you the tools to make a difference. Through Transformation, we’re building the future of the bank and shaping the banking industry. Citi employs over 220,000 individuals located around the world, encompassing a broad range of teams, roles, cultures and backgrounds. Some of the skills that will make you successful in this role include:
- Cross-Functional Collaboration
- Credible Challenge
- Risk Management
- Data and Results Driven
CGW Strategy and Governance Lead for Transformation and Integration (C14)
Citi Global Wealth (CGW) is an integration of Citi Private Bank and the Consumer Wealth organization into a single platform enabling Citi to serve its clients across the wealth spectrum and capitalize on Citi’s industry leading capabilities to support the goal of CGW, which is to be the leading wealth management provider globally. As we embark on this journey, it is imperative to have a strong Risk & Control framework, supporting this goal through an independent but integral Internal Control organization.
This role is responsible for the development, oversight and governance of strategies, initiatives, and action plans to meet CGW’s commitments under the Firm’s Transformation Program, which is focused on meeting regulatory mandates and the integration of Citi Private Bank and the Consumer Wealth organization. The role will work with business partners from CGW businesses, Personal Banking & Wealth Management Transformation leaders, Chief Administrative Office leaders, Regional and Business leaders to oversee the governance of the Transformation and Integrations Programs.
A good understanding of the Global Wealth business, Citi’s Transformation Program and industry best practices is also valuable in order to contribute to the objectives of the role. The position also requires a thorough understanding of key regulatory requirements for CGW’s Transformation and Integrations Programs and broad risk and control expertise in the financial services industry.
This role will report to the CGW Strategy and Governance Head for Transformation and Integration and be a key leader within the CGW Transformation team.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with CGW business leads, CGW Transformation Program Leads, Personal Banking & Wealth Management Transformation leaders and other key stakeholders.
- Work with the CGW Transformation Execution Head, PBWM / CGW Transformation Program leads and CGW Integration leaders to define the governance and oversight routines for the CGW Transformation and Integration Programs.
- Lead the preparation, coordination and execution of the CGW Transformation and Integration governance routines in partnership with CGW / PBWM Transformation and Integration Program leaders.
- Continuously ensure that CGW Transformation and Integration Programs have clearly identified the required roles and responsibilities and have appropriately identified, and are engaging, all relevant Citi stakeholders with appropriate accountability.
- Escalate any concerns related to program structure and/or insufficient accountability, as needed.
- Identify critical interdependencies among programs, drive and accelerate execution and address milestone delays with transparent communication to Program and leadership teams
- Oversee closure and change management of program deliverables to confirm quality and adequacy of deliverables against program target state, including coordination with Internal Audit, as needed
- 10+ years broad experience in transformation roles including managing large complex cross-company transformation programs with an emphasis on Risk & Controls and/or regulatory remediation Programs in the financial services industry.
- Specific subject matter expertise regarding transformation and risk management disciplines, governance and industry best practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication and executive messaging skills.
- Strong business understanding of Wealth Management products and services
- Excellent knowledge of the OCC Heightened Standards and other regulatory requirements related to Risk Management for financial services
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, analytically, and creatively problem solve
- Strong leadership skills and demonstrated ownership of solutions with a proven track record in driving positive and sustained change
- Track record of managing internal relationships and demonstrated experience in leading sustained change and change management efforts
- Strong interpersonal skills, with evidence of working in collaboration across large organizations, including a proactive and 'no surprises' approach in communicating issues/requests
- Demonstrates consistent track record of having worked as a Senior Program or Project Manager, or delivering large, strategic cross-functional projects
- Understand how your work contributes to other work across Citi / understand downstream impacts of decisions made
- Partner across the business in a way that demonstrates collective obligation on managing risk through appropriate controls
- Process re-engineering and improvement mind-set with ability to identify and solve for root cause rather than symptoms; address problem solving and opportunities in a holistic way/break down organization silos
- Constructively challenge others at all levels and across boundaries to deliver better results; invite challenge
- Be comfortable communicating reality – both positive and negative - honestly, openly and directly
- Work across teams and boundaries, regardless of titles and roles, to deliver the full value of Citi to clients
Bachelor’s/University degree or equivalent relevant business experience.
Job Family Group:Risk Management
Job Family:Business Risk & Controls
Time Type:Full time
Primary Location:Tampa Florida United States
Primary Location Salary Range:$175,000.00 - $250,000.00
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the "EEO is the Law" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 95 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
“By joining Transformation, you will be at the center of driving change at Citi. You’ll help us lay the foundation to make this a better place to work and do business by implementing sound risk and controls. This team will give you a launchpad of endless opportunities to grow as a professional and challenge yourself while working across various functions.”
Risk & Controls Transformation Lead
“Citi hires people for their potential and not just their experience. This gives people, including myself, the opportunity to try different roles and explore new careers. Transformation at Citi is a new adventure and will challenge how we do things at Citi: with clients, with regulators and with our peers.”
Mexico Transformation Head
“Data Transformation is a great area to be a part of at Citi. Data is at the heart of our business and ensuring that our data is of good quality with clear ownership is imperative to our success.”
Data Operating Model and Governance Program Lead
“This is an exciting area to work in at Citi! Being part of Transforming a 200+ year-old institution is a once in a lifetime opportunity. This is relatively new work, so not only you can learn new skills and get exposure, but you can play a pivotal role in shaping the Citi of the future.”
Data Tooling and Capability Head
Featured Career Areas
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs