Public Affairs Head
The Public Affairs Off Sr Grp Mgr manages multiple teams through other managers. In-depth understanding of how own sub-function contributes to achieving the objectives of the function. A good understanding of the industry, direct competitors' products and services, is also necessary in order to contribute to the commercial objectives of the business. Requires thorough understanding of strategic direction of the function within the relevant part of the business, combined with a solid conceptual/practical grounding in both the function and/or area of expertise and related subject areas. Excellent communication skills required in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior level. Some external communication/negotiation may be necessary. Responsible for executing functional strategy in area managed. Determines approach to implementing functional strategy. Accountable for end results, budgeting, planning, policy formulation and contribution to future strategy of the area(s). Impact reflects size of team managed, strategic influence on the business and interaction with other functions or businesses. Full management responsibility for multiple teams, including management of people, budget and planning, to include duties such as performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary actions and terminations and budget approval. May be doing involved or responsible for diverse (cross-discipline) activities. Typically, a direct report to a C16 role and function as an intergral member of the functional leadership team within a country/site location, job family, or line of business.
- Develops and implement sstrategic communication programs for selected business
- Formulates strategies for respective businesses on different aspects
- Draft, implement and evaluate proactive public relations (PR) plans to support the businesses
- Assist in speech writing for senior management for different occasions
- Ensure all legal, regulatory and compliance issues are addressed in all communications undertaken on behalf of the businesses
- Manage PR agency, budget and relevant vendor relationships
- Monitor and manage budgets to specific briefs
- Operate as a key media contact for all issues relating to Citi franchise
- Develop and present persuasive media proposals to product teams resulting in high share of voice
- Identify, refine and implement key messages to ensure organizational consistency and adherence to public disclosure policy.
- Identify significant media and public policy issues that to promote and/or protect Citi
- Manage media and blogger relations, pitch stories and track results.
- Manage and coordinate corporate thought leadership initiatives for the firm (conferences, speaker series, white papers, opinion editorials etc)
- Stay abreast of emerging financial sector legislation, competitive activities.
- Advise senior management and approved spokespeople on media opportunities and issues as they develop
- Build and maintain a strong network of contacts across the internal client base and financial media (traditional and social media)
- Provide media training for spokesmen and participate in media interviews.
- Draft and edit all written materials for external constituents (award pitches, joint statements, annual report)
- Handle crisis scenarios – provide strategic advice to management and handle media inquiries
- Provide strategic input to community manager on projects aligned to focus areas (i.e. Citizenship report, financial education)
- Increase profile of citizenship efforts with key stakeholders.
- Provide strategic input to event manager on all projects.
- Prepare briefing documents for key events.
- Ensure appropriate promotion of relevant milestones to internal staff via local web channels.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 15+ years of relevant experience, as well as 8-10+ years of management experience
- Expert writing and editing experience for editorial usage.
- Knowledge and experience in online news media portals.
- Understanding of how media works and editorial news value.
- Use creative approaches and understands how to break down complex technical information
- Bachelor’s/University degree or equivalent experience, Master’s degree preferred
Job Family Group:Communications and External Relations
Job Family:Corporate Affairs
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs