Credit Group Manager_CCB
The Credit Group Manager is accountable for management of complex/critical/large professional disciplinary areas. Leads and directs a team of professionals. Requires a comprehensive understanding of multiple areas within a function and how they interact in order to achieve the objectives of the function. Applies in-depth understanding of the business impact of technical contributions. Strong commercial awareness is a necessity. Generally accountable for delivery of a full range of services to one or more businesses/ geographic regions. Excellent communication skills required in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior level. Some external communication may be necessary. Accountable for the end results of an area. Exercises control over resources, policy formulation and planning. Primarily affects a sub-function. Involved in short- to medium-term planning of actions and resources for own area. Full management responsibility of a team or multiple teams, including management of people, budget and planning, to include performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary actions and terminations and budget approval. The Credit Group Manager isenior leader whose emphasis is on the risk side, but who also has customer skills. This Credit Group Manager role is unique in the sense that it This role will help develop a business plan and credit program for the Commercial Banking Business. This position will assist the Commercial Banking Director in assuring portfolio quality and process integrity. The overall responsibility is that the marketplace achieves its financial goals, measured through the balanced banking scorecard. The Credit Group Manager will have lending authority and will be tasked with asset growth for companies in a certain market segment with annual revenues from $30 million -$1 billion+.
- Has responsibility for portfolios of middle market companies in a certain location
- Manages the credit portfolio and has responsibility for ensuring that the credit and underwriting process in each market is up to Citi standards, and that all credit monitoring and maintenance policies are followed with respect to annual reviews, covenant compliance, borrowing base monitoring, and compliance with conditions precedent.
- Coordinates with regional management and works with Credit Administration unit as appropriate for tracking and follows up for completion and filing of annual reviews, covenant compliance checklists, inspections and other reporting requirements.
- Approves credit requests and annual reviews within covering limits; approval of short term credit requirements such as overdrafts and settlement exposure.
- Facilitates the underwriting and documentation of credit products for new and existing clients, including structuring credit products and proposals with Bankers that meet internal risk standards
- Coaches and trains Bankers with respect to the credit and underwriting process.
- Accurately review risk ratings and responsible for early problem recognition.
- Assists in Credit Risk portfolio reporting.
- Participates in client and prospect calls as a senior calling officer where needed.
- Coordinates and assists in Audit Risk Reviews (ARR) and any regulatory audits as required.
- Will have matrix management of Bankers who maintain client relationships with dedicated credit exposure; Provides assistance to market managers with Bankers’ performance reviews and compensation recommendations with respect to their performance on the Risk Management aspect of their scorecard.
- Owns the Customer Experience for internal and external clients touched.
- In some markets may be responsible for managing group of credit analysts.
- Performs other duties and functions as assigned.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 10+ years experience in commercial credit decision making authority for credits up to $10 million and greater
- Expert knowledge of credit products (formal credit training required)
- Demonstrates excellent financial and analytic skills and ability to rapidly assimilate complex information
- Sharp business development focus, demonstrating innovative approaches
- Bachelor’s/University degree, Master’s degree preferred
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Job Family Group:Risk Management
Job Family:Credit Decisions
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs