Vice President, Debt Capital Markets, AUD Primary Debt Syndicate
Capital Markets Origination (CMO) work alongside our corporate, financial and government clients to develop, structure, and implement financing packages to meet their capital needs. This includes structuring and distributing issuance of equity, debt and hybrid capital products as well as syndicated/leveraged loans and asset-backed/securitized products.
As part of CMO, the Debt Capital Markets (DCM) team are plugged into both the short-term dynamics of the market and the long-term strategic vision of investment banking. Our work involves daily interaction with both bankers and public-side sales and trading colleagues, and there is a high level of contact with our clients. We provide market-leading insights to issuers, whilst we also provide strategic advice on opportunities and solutions. We work under pressure, with very short deadlines which results in a dynamic and stimulating working environment.
We are looking for a Syndicate lead in Australia to focus on the origination, syndication and execution of AUD debt transactions across product (Rates, Credit and Securitisation), both for onshore and offshore issuers. The Syndicate lead will have primary origination responsibility for the coverage of domestic Rates issuers i.e. sovereigns and semi-governments, whilst they will need to liaise closely with offshore DCM on SSA opportunities. The Syndicate lead will have execution responsibility for all AUD Rates and Credit issuance. Syndicate will take a key role in organising and arranging issuer marketing, collecting investor feedback, driving issuer strategy and will play an active role throughout the transaction. Management of risk and close coordination with compliance and legal will also be required to ensure ongoing alignment with the regulatory backdrop and Citi’s ongoing obligations.
- Provide superior market advice and insight to issuers
- Primary responsibility for Rates origination, with complimentary coverage for offshore SSAs and corporate clients
- Support senior DCM Bankers both locally and globally by driving content
- Requirement for flexibility, adaptability, and resilience to work in a challenging environment, and can work under pressure on multiple projects
- High level of involvement throughout execution, including the allocation and pricing of transactions and interaction with DCM, sales and issuers
- Ensure ethical standards contained in the Citigroup Code of Conduct are maintained. Ongoing attention to the regulatory environment, working with legal, compliance and risk to ensure adherence with Citi’s obligations.
- Technical/specialist skills/competencies
- Strong familiarity with international bond transactions, and knowledge of Australian and New Zealand client base and activities
- An understanding of bond maths and derivatives
- Strong Excel and Financial modelling skills, including high degree of power point competency
- Good understanding of Fixed Income Analytics
- Experience in using Bloomberg
- Use of Syndicate Direct is helpful
- Strong attention to detail to ensure accuracy of market information and insights to end clients
- Confident in ability to pitch business to clients, and to lead transactions
- Business/Industry knowledge/competencies
- Familiarity with Australian and New Zealand top 200 companies
- Strong understanding of AUD rates and issuing dynamics
- Familiarity with the SSA business model and global borrowers that can borrow in AUD
- Documentation format that is best suited for AUD issuance
- Existing relationships with key specific debt decision makers at these clients is preferred
- Good interest and knowledge of finance and markets, and which companies and governments that fund in debt capital markets
- Awareness of DCM regulatory backdrop and requirements
- Personal Attributes/Interpersonal skills
- Motivated self –starter
- Resilient, willing to think laterally and learn quickly
- Clear focus on client service quality
- Preparedness to reach the next level both technically and in their career
- Work within a small team of 6 – and be a proven team player
- Coordinate closely with Asian and global syndicate desks
- Liaise with global DCM and provide pricing / recommendations for their clients
- Relevant University degree
- 5 years+ relevant experience in Debt Capital Markets or Syndicate
- Syndicate experience a plus but not necessity
- Experience in similar roles or with extension Syndicate interaction will be considered
Job Family Group:Institutional Banking
Job Family:Investment Banking
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs