Vice President, Compliance Regulatory Management Team
This role is part of Citi's APAC Regulation & Ops Strategy team within Independent Compliance Risk Management (ICRM).
The successful candidate will be responsible for reviewing new regulations, writing summaries and draft obligations, and communicating them to key stakeholders within ANZ and the APAC region.
- Review on a daily-basis system Reg. Insight Module to identify potential applicable Laws, Rules Regulations and conduct disposition and in certain jurisdictions conduct manual monitoring of regulatory changes
- Write Regulation Summaries and draft obligations to support downstream stakeholders in the management of regulation change and inventory.
- Conduct Preliminary Assessment Unit Mapping based on Regulation Summaries and Obligations to include taxonomy, legal entity, and applicability.
- Coordination with Product and Functional ICRM stakeholders in the confirmation of applicability of regulations.
- Support the creation of impact assessments and action plans designed to demonstrate necessary adherence to Laws, Rules and Regulations.
- Support the development and execution of simple and effective control and monitoring processes for Regulation Management
- Ensure that process is conducted in expected timeframes and promote that countries under the coverage comply as well with Regulations’ compliance date
- Work in coordination with Regulation Management Managers to provide full coverage to the covered cluster and conduct credible challenge to E2E process executed in the cluster.
- Work with CCCOs/Business Heads to conduct training and socialize the Regulations Management process among business partners
- Conduct internal validations and reviews of the laws applicable to the cluster/Segment to understand the content, scope, in order to be able to provide segment advice
- Collaborate with other ICRM stakeholders to review that a control environment is implemented for regulatory-related processes
- Participating in the design, development, delivery and maintenance of best-in-class Compliance programs, policies and practices for ICRM.
- Analyzing complex comparative data, preparing and presenting regional and global reports related to compliance risk assessments, and monitoring of compliance related issues.
- Reviewing materials to ensure compliance with various regulatory and legal requirements and to ensure compliance risks are appropriately identified and addressed.
- Investigating and responding to compliance risk issues. Investigating regulatory inquiries, preparing required documentation, making recommendations to senior management on how to proceed, and preparing responses for the regulatory inquiries.
- Overseeing the monitoring of adherence to Citi’s Compliance Risk Policies and relevant procedures and preparation, editing, and maintenance of Compliance program related materials.
- Interacting and working with other areas within Citi, as necessary.
- Keeping abreast of regulatory changes, new regulations and internal policy changes in order to further identify new key risk areas.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Has the ability to operate with a limited level of direct supervision.
- Can exercise independence of judgement and autonomy.
- Acts as SME to senior stakeholders and /or other team members.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Knowledge of Legal experience, Compliance laws, rules, regulations, risks and typologies
- Must be a self-starter, flexible, innovative and adaptive
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively and with people at all levels of the organization
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to both work collaboratively and independently; ability to navigate a complex organization
- Advanced analytical skills
- Ability to both work independently and collaborate with team members
- Excellent project management and organizational skills and capability to handle multiple projects at one time
- Proficient in MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated knowledge in area of focus
- Bachelor’s degree; experience in compliance, legal or other control-related function in the financial services firm, regulatory organization, or legal/consulting firm, or a combination thereof; experience in area of focus; Advanced degree a plus
Job Family Group:Compliance and Control
Job Family:Compliance Risk Management
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs