TTS Australia and New Zealand Cluster Head
Citi Treasury and Trade Solutions (TTS) is a leading provider of cash management and trade finance/services to corporate, public sector and financial institutions clients around the world. With a global network spanning 98 countries, and serving clients in 160, TTS is uniquely qualified to serve clients with local and cross-border interests and provide integrated reporting and management tools.
Our global platform is unique in the industry for its reach, interoperability and flexibility. It provides clients with timely, accurate information and dynamic, web-based tools to effectively manage their cash and liquidity, payment, working capital, trade and supply chain needs around the world. Combined with a worldwide network of dedicated and experienced transaction services professionals, TTS is well suited to serve clients anywhere they do business.
Reporting to the TTS Asia Pacific Region Head and with a matrix line to the Australia CCO/Australia and New Zealand (ANZ) Cluster Head, the role focuses on leading the TTS ANZ business and is responsible for developing and executing the strategy and plans for growing the TTS franchise. The role sits on the TTS APAC Executive Committee (Exco), the ANZ Country Coordinating Committee and the ANZ Exco.
1. Business Management
- Develop, implement and execute business strategy to support growth targets. The individual will also be responsible for the day-to-day management of TTS ANZ business including oversight for P&L management, planning and people management.
- Partner with senior members of the TTS APAC ExCo to drive TTS priorities and strategy in ANZ.
- Partner with CCOs across both countries to drive strategies in and across ANZ.
- Deliver financial commitments, Revenue, Expenses EBIT, ROA, RoTCE and improve operating efficiency – drive a balanced scorecard.
- Maintain a pristine control environment
- Represent Citi as a senior leader in the Australian transaction banking industry including industry workgroups, RBA and AUSTRAC consultation, and industry events
2. Product Management
- Grow the underlying business drivers – maximizing returns
- Ensure product superiority and profitability of current products
- Drive innovation and new product development and channel investments to support the growth of ANZ.
- Ensure the on-going transfer of expertise across ANZ to maintain consistency and share best practices
- Ensure credit, documentation and a compliance environment, including Product Approval Programs and satisfactory Audits.
- Drive fintech engagement and partnerships working closely with the Innovation and Partnerships team.
3. Client Sales Management
- Foster the strategy and vision in partnership with Coverage and TTS Sales and drive execution.
- Drive client value through an evolved appreciation of emerging client needs, shifting business models and ensuring that the ANZ markets develop capabilities to lead.
- Drive overall Client experience initiatives
- Senior lead and contact for key customers in ANZ
- Expand TTS ANZ market presence through customer events, media, speaking engagements etc.
4. People and Stakeholder Management
- Attract, motivate and retain top talent in a highly competitive and unique talent market. Focus on building and maintaining high performing regional and country teams, ensuring a solid talent bench strength and succession plans.
- Create and maintain a diverse, inclusive and well-balanced employee population
- Drive the campus strategy and engagement for TTS Australia.
- Build and maintain strong alignment among the Regional Business Heads and the and local TTS Management Team
- Partner with Operations and Technology to assure product delivery within standards and to reengineer existing products to gain efficiency and market expansion
- Create and strengthen a “One Citi” environment to maximize the cross sell potential of the firm.
- Lead and guide the non ANZ, TTS team members based out of Australia in partnership with their managers; as the senior TTS Exco member in Australia the role has a responsibility for ensuring stewardship, communication, collaboration, policy and morale of all Australia-domiciled TTS professionals for e.g. APAC Regional Product, Sales, and Account Management etc.
5. Banking Executive Accountability Regime (BEAR) Delegate / Financial Accountability Regime (FAR) Accountable Person (AP) responsibilities:
- Act with honesty and integrity, and with due skill, care and diligence; and
- Deal with APRA in an open, constructive and cooperative way; and
- Take reasonable steps in conducting those responsibilities to prevent matters from arising that would adversely affect the prudential standing or prudential reputation of Citi.
- Be member of the Regional TTS Executive Committee and ANZ Exco.
- Be a main member of the Australia Country governance committees including, CCC, BRCC, ALCO and AML GBRC.
- Build strong partnerships with all ANZ CCOs and business heads
- The opportunity to continue expanding a strong client franchise
- Continued experience and development in a large role within the TTS business or the larger Citi APAC franchise
- Minimum 15 years of direct senior product or country leadership in leading and managing multi-country teams
- 10+ years direct people management experience
- An accomplished Business Manager who understands the cash and trade business
- Proven track record of successfully managing a large and complex business
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to deal internally and with clients of large global organizations as well as regulators in ANZ countries
- Strong and demonstrated leadership skills managing a diverse team with the ability to motivate and influence and foster innovation
- Superior problem analysis/solving, interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Proven track record on delivering results, recognized for his or her execution skills
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Adept at managing in a highly matrix environment
- Deep passion for talent development
- Undergraduate Degree, MBA preferred
- Exceptional leadership and management skills
- Exceptional strategic planning and analytical skills; ability to conceptualize and execute on the business vision
- High level of personal integrity and interest in building the ANZ business
- Proven track record of success in managing a P&L
- Extensive financial acumen
- Ability to work with multiple organizations and stakeholders, including Senior Management
- Competent in allocating resources across multiple priorities with varying levels of complexity
- Propensity for detail and comprehensiveness of content
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with ability to influence and build consensus
- Strong teamwork and relationship building skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure and tight deadlines
Job Family Group:Product Management and Development
Job Family:Product Performance Management
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 95 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs