Transfer Agency Oversight Manager
This position is in the Transfer Agency operations unit of the Global Funds Services division. It is a fantastic opportunity for the individual who has experience in the funds industry, and is looking for an opportunity to advance in a fast growing dynamic organization.
This is a managerial role is an ideal position for a candidate with strong transfer agency operations and management experience to excel in their career in the fund services and fund administration space, particularly in relation to client servicing, back office support and the oversight of outsourced functions. The role reports to the Senior Manager of the AU/NZ Transfer Agency Operations and involves day-to-day client servicing, BAU management and oversight responsibility for the transfer agency operations in Australia.
The role will also present opportunities for involvement in departmental and inter departmental initiatives which are outside the daily tasks performed by the team. The role will provide opportunity to the candidate to participate in cross functional initiatives, and being part of the overall management team within TA and across Funds Operations.
The candidate will be responsible for handling daily BAU activities, including client and vendor servicing. The candidate will work closely with colleagues in other teams within the transfer agency unit as well as units in other Citi locations performing offshored activities.
1. People Management: Manage the daily responsibilities of the team and build an effective working relationship with and between the team members and to guide them in their tasks.
2. Control Environment: Identify issues or inefficiencies within the team and to build a strong, controlled working environment, concentrating on error prevention and mitigation.
3. Relationship and Network Building: Building relationships with transfer agency outsourced vendors and other locations that perform tasks on behalf of the transfer agency unit, with the clients and other business partners both internally and externally.
You will act as the transfer agency’s single point of contact for the vendor and sites performing transfer agency responsibilities on behalf of Citi’s clients, and you will require strong skill sets and experience in respect of:
- Acting as key relationship and escalation point for the vendors/other Citi locations across all TA functions, taking end-to-end responsibility for the transfer agency relationship.
- Manage change with these business partners to ensure a controlled change environment
- Engage in proactive added-value communication with vendors and other Citi locations, and conduct briefings within the transfer agency unit to build awareness across the teams.
- Understand the requirements of oversight and control of 3rd party outsourced functions and the importance of adhering to regulatory obligations.
KEY COMPETENCIES / SKILLS
- Delivery of high quality service to internal and external customers
- Manage the delivery of tasks in a timely, accurately and in a controlled environment, ensuring priority items are identified and dealt with in a prompt manner.
- Liaise effectively with other parties, both internally and externally and communicate in a professional manner at all times.
- Represent the TA in a competent and professional manner with external vendors and clients.
- Represent the TA in the regular service calls with external vendors and outsource business partners
- Display effective delegation skills, focusing on developing individuals within your team.
- Co-ordinate and maintain a calendar of tasks for the team, ensuring the team meets the deadlines agreed.
- Co-ordinate or act as TA representative on larger projects.
- Become actively involved in the development of the business by involvement in initiatives such as new business take on
- Implement effective risk awareness within the team, ensuring each member of the team adheres to all documented controls
- Ability to build a strong and trusted working relationship with internal and external partners and stakeholders.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Client & fund distributor on-boarding, AML/KYC documentation & administration, and data maintenance
- Investor on-boarding, AML/KYC documentation & administration, and data maintenance
- Transaction processing & investor servicing
- Cash & trade settlement processing
- Corporate action processing
- Reporting of shareholder trade activity to the fund accountant and fund custodian
- Bank account reconciliation
- Foreign exchange dealing & execution
- Periodic client & investor reporting
- Review of fund prospectuses, operating memorandums and key fund documentation
- Fund launches and implementation
- Client conversions
- Client change request management
- Client & vendor management
- Oversight and control management for domestic and outsourced functions
- Managing client due diligence visits & review meetings
- Awareness of regulatory and industry change and how it impacts the business
- Full trade cycling including other functions performed within TA, as well as the responsibilities of the Administrator and Custodian
- Strong regulatory background and understanding of local regulatory obligations and requirements.
Job Family Group:Operations - Transaction Services
Job Family:Transaction Capture Services
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs